4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2007 11:16 PM by David August

Flash CS3 -> Director Local Connect

David August
      HI,
      I posted a problem in the Flash forums but its also potentiall a director problem. Please take a look and let me know what you think. Basically, putting a flash 8 cs3 file in director is crippling its ability to local connect with a flash projector file

Dave

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=15&catid=194&threadid =1273082
        • 1. Re: Flash CS3 -> Director Local Connect
          Level 7
          Regardless of which version of Flash you develop with, you'll need to
          publish to Flash 8 player (or earlier) and /not/ use AS3 *and* have the
          10.1 update (with the Flash 8 asset xtra) in place if publishing to Flash 8
          • 2. Re: Flash CS3 -> Director Local Connect
            David August Level 1
            I do have the 10.1 update installed and have tested other flash 8 movies with flash 8 features( ie using filters which only shoews up if its working) which do work. The problem seems to be connected to the flash 8 files being generated by CS3. Also it is only effecting the local connect feature everything else seems to working normally. Do you know if CS3 is really creating flash 8 files or its some kind of emulation that would confuse director.
            • 3. Re: Flash CS3 -> Director Local Connect
              Level 7
              > Do you know if CS3 is really
              > creating flash 8 files or its some kind of emulation that would confuse
              > director.

I don't know, I'm afraid. But again, I would suggest being careful not
              to use any AS3 classes/components/whatever if you're going to use the
              published swf in Director.
              • 4. Re: Flash CS3 -> Director Local Connect
                David August Level 1
                Yeah I played around with it more and have determined that its not directors fault its Flash CS3. When using a combination of a flash file(made in 8) and an already published director file with the corresponding local connect inside it, if I run it works fine and if I just repulish the flash projector side of it from CS3 it know longer works and this has no AS3 or cs3 components. SO it must be something with how CS3 creates its projector files