2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 9:11 AM by Todd_Kopriva

rendering animated vector graphics

maaarja

hi there.

i did an animated vector graphics - i prepared all vectors iamges in illustrator and animated them in after effects afterwards.

i am now about to export and i wonder what are the best settings.

for video i normally use quick time with animation codec and it seems just fine to me. but i am not sure if it is ok for the cartoon.

what codec to use for storing and publishing on the internet (youtube, vimeo)? what about swf? I red it is used to deliver animated vector graphics (such as cartoons) over the Internet - is that right?

• 1. Re: rendering animated vector graphics
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

SWF might be used if the cartoons were created in Flash. Since you've created it in AE, it's not likely to be the best choice for you.

The Animation codec is a good choice for a lossless render if you've made a cartoon. In fact, I wouldn't use it for anything with video footage and a cartoon is the most likely scenario in which I would use it.

You would want to take your lossless file and bring it into the Adobe Media Encoder to create your final, web-ready video. There are YouTube and Vimeo presets in the Adobe Media Encoder that you should use for uploading to the web.

• 2. Re: rendering animated vector graphics
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

SWF is never the right export format from After Effects. The After Effects SWF exporter is terrible and should never be used. We are removing it soon.