3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2013 8:20 AM by heathrowe

Problem adding elements

mauritio

Hi, I have a problem adding elements (jpg, png) to my element panel a while after having started a new project. I click on the "+" symbol and choose an image file from a folder on my hard drive. The file does not get added and edge does not promt an error message. When I start a new project I can add those files without problems, but then the timelines are gone. So what can I do? Need help!

• 1. Re: Problem adding elements
          heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

To add image assets (jpg or png) use one of the following options:

- click the + to the right of the Assets tab within the Library Panel;

- or File > Import and navigate to the image files;

- or drag and drop image files directly onto the stage from your machine;

Darrell

• 2. Re: Problem adding elements
            mauritio Level 1

Hi Darrell,

- click the + to the right of the Assets tab within the Library Panel;

--> that´s the way that does not work anymore

- or File > Import and navigate to the image files;

--> that helped. A new image folder within my elements panel is created where I find the image.

- or drag and drop image files directly onto the stage from your machine;

--> not tried yet. Option 2 works fine for me though I ask myself why option 1 does not work anymore.

• 3. Re: Problem adding elements
              heathrowe Most Valuable Participant

For the number 1 issue, are you sure you are clicking + to the right of Assets? Your original post mentions you clicked the one Symbols one!

Is it possible its a 'project' specific issue?

Save and close the current one.

File > New

What happens when you click the Assets + import button?

Darrell