• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am trying to view a flash movie but am told Flash player is not installed.

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running on Windows 8, using IE 10.  I've tried running the latest IE update and the problem still exists.  I tried turning IE off, restarted, then back on, but problem still exists.  It works fine on Chrome.  Any suggestions on how to fix this for IE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has its own proprietary Plugin called "PepperFlash". It functions independently of the ActiveX plugin for IE. Frankly, it works better than IE, as do ALL other browsers. IE relies on 1993 technology called ActiveX controls, which the rest of the computing world abandoned twelve years ago, because they present more obstacles to productivity, than the problems they supposedly prevent. I only have IE for testing and troubleshooting. I refuse to use it as my everyday browswer.

I recommend using any other browser.

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2013 Dec 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had previously tried both of these.  In the add-on screen, the flash object shows as enabled, but it also shows the publisher as Not Available, which I don't see how it is possible.  If I check the flash version, it says that it is disabled.  I've followed the instructions on this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-issues-windows-8.html and tried updating IE to the newest version and it says it is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines