Moving the discussion to Premier Elements Forum.
Welcome to the forum, and thanks Anit for Moving the post here.
- Where are the MP4 files coming from?
- What are the full specs., such as FPS, Frame Size (for example 1920 x 1080), and what are the Audio specs.?
- Do you have the latest Apple QT Player installed?
- What OS version are you running?
- What is the Project Setting, that you used?
Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.
Lots of questions, lots of answers needed as mentioned by Hunt. But please include what version of Premiere Elements that you are using when you reply.
How are you importing these file into your Premiere Elements project?
After you drag your file to the Timeline, do you see both an video and audio component (on Video 1/Audio 1) or is there nothing on the Audio 1 track? If you can see a wave form or file on Audio 1, have you checked all the program's volume settings including Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and the ASIO settings?
Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written.