More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information
-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help
Codec & Format information, with 2 links inside to read -read both links in reply #1 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1270588
Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30 for screen shot instructions
As has been said by John T. Smith, much more information is needed for us to help you.
1. What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?
2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements? And, are you running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Priviledges?
3.What are the properties of this .mov video file that you are trying to import and how are you importing it into the project? Get Media/Add Media/Files and Folders or something else?
4. What is the specific wording of the error message?
5. Do you ever get as far as to get the .mov file into the project's media area and dragged to the Timeline?
6. Is this a problem that "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?
7. What specific camcorder are you referring to when you write "a tevion camcorder"? What is the brand/model/and settings for the recording of this .mov file that has problems going into or in Premiere Elements?
Answers to all of the above will help us to evaluate the issue.
Looking forward to your reply.