8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 10:02 PM by LBR888

Error when attempting to burn DVD

LBR888

I have created a slide show in Photoshop Elements 10. When I attempt to use Share>Burn DVD, Premiere Elements opens as expected but the necessary media is not transferred. Instead I get this error: ..\..\Scr\Sequence.cpp-2100.

I am using a Dell studio XPS laptop with Windows 7 64 bit.

How can I fix this problem?

Brian

• 1. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
          A.T. Romano Level 7

LBR888

What version of Premiere Elements are you using in conjunction with Photoshop Elements 10?

What did you do....

a. Photoshop Elements 10 Full Editor workspace/Share/More Options/"CD/DVD"/ to open the Elements Organizer, followed by the Burn Data CD/DVD dialog

or

b. Elements Organizer 10, Create/Slideshow/Slideshow Preferences/Slideshow Editor/Output/Burnt to Disc/DVD?

What do you want to produce

a. DVD-VIDEO format on DVD disc for TV DVD player viewing

or

b. a DVD data disc with images

Please review and let us know these details which will help us help you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
            LBR888 Level 1

Premiere Elements 10 was used. I have successfully used this method of burning a DVD in the past.

From Organizer 10 I selected the slide show I had created. From there it was Share>Burn Video DVD/BlueRay. That launches Premiere Elements 10. When it opens the error message appears.

I want to burn a DVD that will allow me show my slideshow on TV using my DVD player.

I hope this helps you help me.

Brian

• 3. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Brian

I am not sure why your prior path is not working, but let us see what is working and not in order to find the answers.

Please try the following alternative routes for the DVD-VIDEO on DVD task

1. Double click the Slideshow Project in the Elements Organizer to open the Slideshow Editor. In the Slideshow Editor, go to Output, Burn to Disc/DVD. Does that work to open Premiere Elements10 to its Disc Menus area in prep for Share/?

2. Preferred...click on the Slideshow Project in the Elements Organizer to open the Slideshow Editor. In the Slideshow Editor, go to Output, Edit with Premiere Elements Editor. Does that work to open Premiere Elements 10 to its editing workspace. One of the perks of this route is that you can right click the video format (.psess) placed, select Break Apart Elements Slideshow, and do some significant edits before disc menus burn if necessary.

3. Open Premiere Elements and set the project preset appropriately. Then open the Elements Organizer and do what you have been doing that has been ending with the error message.

We will be watching for your results. If you have been through all of the above then we will think about the next step.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
                LBR888 Level 1

Here are the results of the measures you requested:

1.     Double click the Slideshow Project in the Elements Organizer to open the Slideshow Editor. In the Slideshow Editor, go to Output, Burn to Disc/DVD. Does that work to open Premiere Elements10 to its Disc Menus area in prep for Share/?

RESULT: Premiere Elements 10 does not open. What does open is the Videos Library folder.

2.     Preferred...click on the Slideshow Project in the Elements Organizer to open the Slideshow Editor. In the Slideshow Editor, go to Output, Edit with Premiere Elements Editor. Does that work to open Premiere Elements 10 to its editing workspace. One of the perks of this route is that you can right click the video format (.psess) placed, select Break Apart Elements Slideshow, and do some significant edits before disc menus burn if necessary.

RESULT: Premiere Elements does open but the error message pops up. It reads exactly as follows: Premiere Elements has encountered an error In the error box is a CONTINUE button. When pressed a box appears that states “Adding Media. Nothing further happens – no media appears. This is exactly the same sequence of events I see when, from Elements Organizer, I choose Share>Burn Video DVD/BlueRay.

3.     Open Premiere Elements and set the project preset appropriately. Then open the Elements Organizer and do what you have been doing that has been ending with the error message.

RESULT: The error message still occurs in Premiere Elements with this sequence.

Brian

• 5. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Brian

Mini test run suggestion...

In your troubleshooting, have you established that you can burn a Premiere Elements Timeline content to DVD-VIDEO on DVD with Photoshop Elements out of the equation? That content could be some jpg photos or some video clips. If you cannot, then take that same Timeline and take it through Share/Disc/DVD burn to: Folder (4.7 GB) to see if that goes to a successful completion.

Those will give us some direction. The error message seemed specific to Premiere Elements burn to disc. I am thinking uninstall/ccleaner/reinstall. But, I want to make sure that we are selecting the appropriate program for the this...Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements or both.

If we go in that direction, do you have an installation disc or installation files from an online download purchase of the product?

More later.

ATR

Also to be decided is whether it might be best to delete the Premiere Elements settings file prior to any uninstall of it. If Photoshop Elements  or Elements Organizer is identified as  a co-factor in this error event, we could look at deleting the Elements Organizer setting file. For future references depending on how the troubleshooting goes

http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-burning.htm l

• 6. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
                    LBR888 Level 1

Yes I can burn Premiere Elements Timeline contents to DVD-VIDEO on DVD.

I have installation discs for both Elements 10 and Premiere 10.

I am not familiar with “ccleaner”. Please clarify.

Brian

• 7. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

fLBR888

That ccleaner software is free and is a computer optimizing program which can do regular computer cleaning as well as registry cleaning. It is used frequently, and I have not run into any horror stories associated with its use. Please check it out.

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

A troubleshooting scenario might be

a. For each of Photoshop Elements 10 and Premiere Elements 10, Help Menu/Deactivate.

b. Uninstall each program by the usual Control Panel route.

c. Run the ccleaner (regular cleaner and registry cleaner...say yes to backup registry when registry cleaner is also selected)

d. Reinstall Photoshop Elements and then Premiere Elements with the antivirus and firewalls off.

Before you go through that we could see if deletion of settings files might resolve the matter...

For Elements Organizer 10

Local Disk C

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Elements Organizer

Organizer Folder

and in the Organizer Folder is the psa.prf that you delete or disable (disable by renaming from psa.prf to psa.prfOLD)

For Premiere Elements 10

Local Disk C

Owner

AppDaa

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

10.0 Folder

and in the 10.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. When you open Premiere Elements again, a new file will be generated. You can even go a step further if this does not work. You can delete the whole 10.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

In each of these cases, make sure that you are working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete paths.

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...just to get it out of the way, I will ask

a. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements?

b. Running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

c. If you go to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer, do you see any error that appears to represent what is presenting? Or are we left with

..\..\Scr\Sequence.cpp-2100.

seen within the project.

• 8. Re: Error when attempting to burn DVD
                        LBR888 Level 1

It occurred to me that I had reproduced the error many times but it had always been with the same slideshow project. So I tried a different slide show and, to my surprise, everything worked perfectly.

I then made a duplicate of the problem slideshow and tried it. I was able to burn the copy to DVD with no error occurring.

Perhaps there is an explanation for what was going on. I will leave that to you. I would be interested to learn your thoughts. All I can say is that the problem appears to be solved.

I appreciate your thoughtful and patient support throughout this process.

Best regards,

Brian

Sent from my iPad