3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 6:07 AM by Eugene Tyson

Best Graphics Card for InDesign

Computer Support Norwich

I have seen a number of articles discussing the best graphics cards for a number of Adobe products such as Photshop, AfterEffects, SpeedGrade and Premiere Pro, but we have users that do not use these products extensively, but do use InDesign, Acrobat and Illustrator quite heavily, during prep for a paper catalogue.

Can anybody give me some advise on the best graphocs card for these particulat products please...? we are using CC.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Best Graphics Card for InDesign
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

I've been happily using Radeon cards for years in my desktops, and the current laptop has an nVidea card that seems to work OK. I think just about any card should work for ID since it has no 3d Features, but I'd want something with at least 1 GB dedicated vRam.

• 2. Re: Best Graphics Card for InDesign
            Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Only really need a graphics card for video editing - 3D modelling etc.

Even then the video softaware doesn't address the graphics card all that much.

It's only recently that video software and 3d software request access to the graphics RAM.

Mostly the processors these days have pretty good onboard graphics cards. That should be plenty for photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.

It's more physical RAM that is required, not graphics cards.

I have 20gb RAM and i7 4770 processor with no additional graphics card.

It works great.

Although a standalone graphics card would be better for video editing and 3d modelling.

• 3. Re: Best Graphics Card for InDesign
              Eugene Tyson Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Peter Spier wrote:

at least 1 GB dedicated vRam.

Most of the time - unless doing video editing or 3d Modelling - 1gb RAM is LOADS of graphics card RAM.

When you see computers for sale with 2gb or 3gb RAM in the graphics card it's usually a selling ploy to get the user to fork out more money.