2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2007 4:43 AM by Yaniv77

Style Sheet

Yaniv77
      Hi,
      is there any way to use CSS with flash TextField and action script rather than import css file ? a way to include the CSS parameters/properties in the action script code ?
      i was also tried to use the CSS property "direction" and it does not work , is there some CSS properties that do not work with action sctipt ?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Style Sheet
          Level 7
          You're looking for the styleSheet class.

The StyleSheet class lets you create a StyleSheet object that contains text
          formatting rules for font size, color, and other styles. You can then apply
          styles defined by a style sheet to a TextField object that contains HTML- or
          XML-formatted text. The text in the TextField object is automatically
          formatted according to the tag styles defined by the StyleSheet object. You
          can use text styles to define new formatting tags, redefine built-in HTML
          tags, or create style classes that you can apply to certain HTML tags.

Have a look here: http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/8/main/00002714.html

--
          Dan Smith > adobe community expert
          http://www.dsmith.tv

"Yaniv77" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fjk3ea$l4o$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hi,
          > is there any way to use CSS with flash TextField and action script rather
          > than
          > import css file ? a way to include the CSS parameters/properties in the
          > action
          > script code ?
          > i was also tried to use the CSS property "direction" and it does not work
          > , is
          > there some CSS properties that do not work with action sctipt ?
          >
          > Thanks
          >

• 2. Re: Style Sheet
            Yaniv77 Level 1
            Thanks,
            so how can i implement the text direction ? i would like to use RTL (Right to Left) text (Horizental),

Thanks