4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2006 2:01 PM by Jay_A.-A0kO8V

Licenses

Kevin_Boyd Level 1
      I am producing a DVD-ROM for a corporate client who will distribute it across the globe for free, using Director 10, Flash 8, QuickTime 7 and Acrobat 7

So do I need to show any of these prducts logos on the exit screen of the disc or on the packaging?

TIA

Kevin
        • 1. Re: Licenses
          Level 7
          On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:50:43 GMT, Kevin Boyd posted in
          macromedia.director.basics:

> I am producing a DVD-ROM for a corporate client who will distribute it
          > across the globe for free, using Director 10, Flash 8, QuickTime 7 and
          > Acrobat 7
          >
          > So do I need to show any of these prducts logos on the exit screen of
          > the disc or on the packaging?

You'll need to contact the owners of those programs to get the only traceably
          correct answers. They typically do not monitor their user-to-user forums and
          newsgroups.

Speaking for QT, I know you have to have it on the packaging if you
          distribute the installer. But then you have to fill out and submit the
          distribution agreement to Apple.

Director's EULA tells you what you need to know, and it's also available on
          the web site.

But...contact the right people for the right answers. No court is going to
          accept what Mark A. Boyd tells you in a newsgroup/web forum.

--
          Mark A. Boyd
          Keep-On-Learnin' :)
          • 2. Re: Licenses
            Level 7
            The Director terms were 'relaxed' with version 10, no longer requiring
            the Made With Macromedia splash screen.
            • 3. Licenses
              Kevin_Boyd Level 1
              I have gone to the websites of these products and tried to make sense of there overly long legal-ease. So was just looking for a quick "You just need the QT logo on the packaging these days". Was aware D10 no longer needed it but wondered if that had changed now Adobe own it.

Thanks

Kevin
              • 4. Re: Licenses
                Jay_A.-A0kO8V
                You guys are correct. The information that you need is documented at:

Made with Macromedia logo requirements
                http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14489

HTH