Another user had this problem. He attributed it to folders having been renamed through Finder.
Clearing the Media Cache resolved the issue for this user. To do this, delete all the contents of the "Media Cache" and "Media Cache Files" folders here:
\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\Media Cache and Media Cache Files
Hope this helps.
Hey Peter, I'm trying to do this to address a similar error, but I don't have any "Media Cache" folder anywhere on my system.
The only contents of my "Common" folder are "dynamiclink," "dynamiclinkmediaserver," and "Plug-ins."
The path to the Common folder is also different than you specified:
Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common.
I'm stuck here, hope you can help.
There are 2 different Common folders. The path I gave is to the User library, that's where you'll find the cache files.
Apple has hidden the User library I beliebe since 10.7. Here's to ways to get there:
- In the Finder, choose Go > Go To Folder.
- In the Go To Folder dialog, type ~/Library
- Click Go.
Hold down the Alt (Option) key when using the Go menu. The user library folder is listed below the current user's home directory.
Once there follow this path:
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately the problem persists.
I emptied both folders and restarted one of those projects that had been corrupted by DL to Speedgrade, and I get the following error:
Have you tried rebooting the system? I have hit this exact crash twice with the same test project. Though I have not been able to isolate the cause or steps to reproduce. In both instances, after rebooting the project loaded without issue.
Yes, I have tried all the usual "when all else fails" procedures.
Hey markjones05, have you found a solution for this? I'm having the same problem! Just before it began, I tried to use my old Apogee Duet (original), which has been freezing my computer... wondering if that did something.
Like you, I've tried all the usual things. Need to fix this...
I getting same problems. Working on an (important!!) multi-cam edit and suddenly Premiere starts giving me an Audio Waveform error, serious error, then crashes.
Very bad news. PLEASE FIX THIS!
Now happening on two different computers. There seemed to be a Mercury Playback Engine difference between the to computers (one has hardwarre GPU, the opther does not) so I thought that might be an issue. But now errors on both.
Also, slow to load up clips into media browser.
I tried clearing the media caches, restarting. Didn't help. Also trying loading sequence into AE, but not sure if multicam will come through....
I have this problem too. If I try importing this project into another, I get the same error message. Rebooting does not help. Definitely a show stopper. Did some further investigating and of the 15 projects I have, only 1 project is exhibiitng this behavior. I was able to successfully open the other 14.