4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2013 2:35 PM by A.T. Romano

Background image won't burn to DVD PE11

Im stuck.

Hi,

I've been editing a video, and am trying to burn it to DVD. It all works fine, but the background images I've chosen don't carry across to the DVD. Any ideas how to fix this? Or how to replace the default images with my own?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Background image won't burn to DVD PE11
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is your background image a photo? If so, have you ensured that it is no larger than 2000x1500 pixels in size?

• 2. Re: Background image won't burn to DVD PE11
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Im stuck

What you are describing sounds like a major failing of Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 which seems to have gone away in subsequent versions of Premiere Elements. In the case of 9, it was not the size of the image that caused the problem. The strange fix was to insert an audio file (muted or non muted) in the disc menu being customized.

I have not seen this reported until now by you for Premiere Elements later than 9.

For what specific disc menus in Premiere Elements 11 is this problem occurring for you? What is the computer operating system that you are running your Premiere Elements 11 on?

When your background replacement does not show up in the finialized DVD-VIDEO at playback

a. Was it present in the disc menu Preview in the Movie Menu customization area before burn to?

b. What menu was on the finialized DVD-VIDEO at playback...the background that was built into the menu by Adobe?

c. Was this a problem for both main menu and scene menu background replacements?

I often write that problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

I would like to road test this problem once you supply the requested information (including format and dimensions of the background replacement).

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Background image won't burn to DVD PE11
              Im stuck. Level 1

Hi,

My photo was larger, but I've re-tried with it below 2000x1500.

In answer to the questions;

- I'm using Windows 7.

- It for both the main menu and the scenes.

- Yes it was present on the previews.

- Question b, I'm not sure the difference?

- It was a problem, though the last time I tried to burn a disk, the root menu worked ok, but the scenes one didn't.

Thanks for your help, let me know if I can provide any mroe information.

• 4. Re: Background image won't burn to DVD PE11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Im stuck

Thanks for the information that you already supplied. Very helpful, but just a few more questions.

What is the exact movie menu that you have used and with which had this result...replacement background gone? I want to try the same one that you actually used.

About question b...the replacement background does not show up in the finalized product, but what does? I am taking it for granted right now that what you see is the default menu, the one that Adobe created for that menu. Is that correct? I would like to rule out that you are getting some generic symbols in your finalized menus instead of your replacement background.

Thanks.

ATR