4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2013 3:18 PM by Josh_Corey

Strange error message

davidbmartyn

Content.Error.MetadataRead

I have been trying to import pdf files and it I also get a response saying they are not interactive - but they have a number of fields in them - I can fill them in offline.

• 1. Re: Strange error message
          Josh_Corey Adobe Employee

Can you send me example/s of the PDFs you are trying to import to jcorey@adobe.com and include a reference to this post so I know to look at them?

Thanks,

Josh

• 2. Re: Strange error message

I recieved the PDF and having been created or edited by "Preview" on the Mac it is not a PDF form conforming to the PDF specifications (saving in Preview will modify the file break the form), it is not an "AcroForm" that FormsCentral supports.  If I open the PDF in Acrobat I am not able to edit it as a form there either.  I will see if I can find better wording to explain, but basically it is not a PDF conforming to PDF spec.

It can be made into a PDF that can be imported into FormsCentral by following this FAQ: http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3511

Thanks,

Josh

• 3. Re: Strange error message
              davidbmartyn Level 1

The only thing imported from Word was the text. All the fields were created in Acrobat. If I import the Word document into InDesign, would that work better?—

Sent from my iPad

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 3:05 PM, Josh_Corey <forums_noreply@adobe.com

• 4. Re: Strange error message

Created in Acrobat?  What version of Acrobat?  Windows or Mac?  The "PDF Producer" says "Mac OS X 10.9.1 Quartz PDFContext" which isn't Acrobat.  Is that the original PDF from Acrobat after adding those fields?  Did you by chance "test" the PDF in another application (not Adobe Acrobat or Reader) and save changes?  This would modify and can "break" the PDF.

As noted I can't edit those fields as form fields in Acrobat XI.  I will forward to the engineer that handles the feature, but with the holidays it will be a little bit before I get a response.

Thanks,

Josh