4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2013 6:29 AM by A.T. Romano

Drag and Drop Problems

novabie

When I drag and try dropping a video in to video 1, it hovers above and creates a new track, as though there is a barrier stopping this action...I am new to this program. Running V9 on windows 7.

I guess its some thing simple...Thanks

• 1. Re: Drag and Drop Problems
          novabie Level 1

So I have worked out that its the format the video is in...so I have a file mismatch between my Panasonic 920M camcorder format and video 1 track...so what are the file fomats for Vid 1 track?

• 2. Re: Drag and Drop Problems
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Novable

Lots to talk about...you wrote

so what are the file fomats for Vid 1 track?

The Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Supported Import Format list is published and accept numerous formats.

Given you are running Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on Windows 7 (for now presumed 64 bit).

1. You need to know the properties of your video that you are importing into the project. So, please check them out.

Based on what I have read about your camera (Panasonic 920M), you are probably recording

1920 x 1080 probably @ 60 progressive frames per second. It looks like the audio is 5.1 channel.

2. So, what are you selecting as the project preset in the new project dialog when you open the program? Or, you just OK'ing what you see which is probably NTSC or PAL DV Standard. For now I will assume that you are in a NTSC setup.

3. There is no 1080p60 5.1 project preset.

Please review the above and detail your situation a bit more, and then we will decide what next. What you describe sounds more like Premiere Elements 7 response to 5.1 channel, not Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. Are you running the program as the 9.0.1 Update version? But let us see where your further details lead us.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Drag and Drop Problems
              novabie Level 1

I was dreading the learning curve...thanks, I will slowly look into what

you have said...have a safe silly season.

Kevin

• 4. Re: Drag and Drop Problems
                A.T. Romano Level 7

novabie

I suspect that most of us wonder about working with a new program and think "What have I gotten myself into?" So not to worry. We will put the details together and make them work for you.

Even though Premiere Elements 11 and 12 have a 1080p60 and 1080p50 project preset, these do not come with 5.1 channel incorporated into the project preset. But, I have shown how to create your own 1080p50 5.1 channel and 1080p60 5.1 channel project preset for versions 11 and 12 if needed

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-exporting-1080p50-or-1080p60-file.html

More information on that later.

Right now we need to explore your whole situation to zero in on the cause of what you are reporting be it project preset, 5.1 channel property in the file or other.

Looking forward to your follow up when you get the chance.

Have a great holiday...best wishes.

ATR