Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grammar check

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
Is there any fature available with RoboHelp for Microsoft HTML Help 9 to check grammar in the WYSIWIG? Please help me on this at the earliest..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only by outputting to Word and using the feature there. Nothing inbuilt.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya thank you sir..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion would be not to rely on an automated tool to check spelling and grammar. I know that Word's grammar checker is occasionally wrong and there are some words (usually technical terms) that Word's dictionary doesn't contain by default.

After I write, I go over my material to correct the various mistakes I introduced while I was writing. After I'm done, I submit my material for review. The QA team where I work is *supposed* to check my work but usually only for technical accuracy. For that reason, I also request a review by my manager and the manager of one other department. It's amazing what a fresh set of eyes will find.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't think that technology is always the best solution to correct and define human communications. Do you have anyone where you are who could fulfill this function for you?

-Trip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2007 Dec 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ya, that is the case usually. Always the work is checked for technical aspect of coverage and not on the content. My PM reviews my work but doesnt check the language errors. It will be an embarrassing moment to find the mistake while with the client. I do manually check my document but at times, these automated tool will help to cover the work a little earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp