37 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2013 8:09 PM by A.T. Romano

Trouble importing Iphone videos

Saunts

I just imported all the videos and pics from my Iphone.  The pics all  show up but, ALL the videos have a "box" but, it's blank  ?????

Need to see what they are before I can make movie...

• 1. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What version iPhone are your videos coming from and what are the properties of those videos that you are importing into Premiere Elements, that is, video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate (variable or non variable), file extension, pixel aspect ratio, duration.

What did you or the program set as the project preset for this project? If you open a new project, same problem? How are you importing the videos into Premiere Elements project?

Do you have the latest version of your computer's video card driver as per the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements? Are you running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Let us start here and then let your details direct us accordingly.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

Is your problem characterized by "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

• 2. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
            Saunts Level 1

Good  morning  and,  thanx  for  the  quick  response.

I  am  using  windows  Vista  on  an  older  Dell  computer  and,

I  have  a  "trial"  version  of  premier 12

Again...  It  appears  to  have  downloaded  the  video  file  but,  it's  a  blank  box  that  shows  up  on  the  screen.

ALL  the  photos  are  showing  fine. 

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 08:54:13 -0800

To: jsauntry47@hotmail.com

Subject: Trouble importing Iphone videos

Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Saunts

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

What version iPhone are your videos coming from and what are the properties of those videos that you are importing into Premiere Elements, that is, video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate (variable or non variable), file extension, pixel aspect ratio, duration.

What did you or the program set as the project preset for this project? If you open a new project, same problem? How are you importing the videos into Premiere Elements project?

Do you have the latest version of your computer's video card driver as per the web site of the manufacturer of the video card?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements? Are you running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

Let us start here and then let your details direct us accordingly.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thank you.

ATR

Is your problem characterized by "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before"?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949717#5949717

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949717#5949717

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949717#5949717. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 3. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Please answer ALL of ATR's questions... starting with "Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed"

• 4. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

You are working at a disadvantage for Premiere Elements 12 on a Windows Vista computer, be that Vista 32 or 64 bit. Premiere Elements 12 is a 32 bit application. Premiere Elements 12 specifically on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit is a 64 bit application which can take advantage of the 64 bit resources to give you a resource advantage. However, be that as it may, that probably is not the core of your iPhone video issue.

We need to target the properties of what you are putting on that Timeline.

a. What version iPhone? Did you record what is referred to as 1080p or something else. If you name the iPhone, we can look at its video specifications. Once we know them, we can set up the project correctly. But then again, that may not be at the core of your issue.

b. The video card driver needing updating could be it. What video card does your computer use?

(See Device Manager/Display Adapters to search for its name and version/date of driver.)

c. If you take video from a source other than the iPhone, is the video displayed in Premiere Elements for that video?

The above information will be a good start to getting at the reason for the problem.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...As John T. Smith suggested, please include answers to all the question, especially whether QuickTime is installed on the computer with Premiere Elements. If you have a problem with the questions being asked, please do not hesitate to ask so that we may clarify. Glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

• 5. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                  Saunts Level 1

I  am  VERY  computer  "challenged"  so  I'll try  to  answer....  Yes,  I  installed  Quick  time.  I  have  an  Iphone ..  I  have  no  idea  if  it's  1080  or  not.  Just  took  videos  in  "normal  mode  for  Iphone.   4.  No  Idea  what  type  of  disc  driver  in  computer.  Haven't  tried  to  import  videos  from  camcorder  yet.

• 6. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                    Saunts Level 1

Just  FYI...  If  I  drag  the  "blank  box"  down  to  the  timeline  it  will  play  the  video.  I  would  just  like  to  know  whats  in  the  box  before  I  put  it  in  the  timeline

• 7. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

Thanks. We will get through this with team work.

1. Great that you have QuickTime installed on your computer.

2. When you look at your file from the iPhone 4, does the file have a .mov or .mp4 or .avi file extension?

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97961

Let us see if we can figure this out by way of your video's file extension.

3. If it is .avi which is associated with that MotionJPEG video compression, that may be our answer. You may have to download what is called the Morgan MotionJPEG video codec in order to work with that video in Premiere Elements.

4. One of the better ideas would be for you to download and install the free utility named gspot which would tell us specially what video and audio compression the file has and whether the necessary "codecs" are installed on your computer. But, we will put this off for now and see if an .avi file extension tells the story.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

We all learn together.

Looking forward to your details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos

>If  I  drag  the  "blank  box"  down  to  the  timeline  it  will  play  the  video

That would SEEM to indicate a graphics adapter driver that need to be updated... what brand/model graphics adapter do you have, and what version device driver?

• 9. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

I did not see your latest post until after I had posted mine.

Are you saying that you are referring to a "black box" in the Project Assets panel of the Expert workspace of the program?

If so, this will shed more light on the issue.

When you drag one of these black boxes to a position on Video Track 1/Audio Track 1, do you see the video part of the video/audio displayed in the Edit Mode monitor without any problems?

If so, this would seem to be an issue with the display of the thumbnail rather than with the preview display.

Again, important information due on the file extension of your video. That will be a shortcut route to getting a the cause with a minimum trouble for you to round up much of the requested information.

ATR

• 10. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                            Saunts Level 1

No... I'm  just  a  beginner...Haven't  got  that  far  yet.

When  I  open  the  Organize  and  view  videos  section  that  is  supposed  to  show  ALL  my  imports.

All  that  are  fully  showing  are  the  pictures...  ALL  The  Videos  are  located  in  a  "BLANK"  box  on  that  same  screen.

Again,   If  I  select  the  "make  movies"  option   the  videos  are  able  to  be  dragged  down  to  the  timeline,  where  they  fully  appear. However,  I  cannot  view  them  in  the  selection  area

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:59:50 -0800

Saunts

Are you saying that you are referring to a "black box" in the Project Assets panel of the Expert workspace of the program?

When you drag one of these black boxes to a position on Video Track 1/Audio Track 1, do you see the video part of the video/audio displayed in the Edit Mode monitor with any problems?

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949950#5949950

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949950#5949950

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949950#5949950. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 11. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                              Saunts Level 1

They  are  NOT  "BLACK"...they  are  empty

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:59:50 -0800

Saunts

When you drag one of these black boxes to a position on Video Track 1/Audio Track 1, do you see the video part of the video/audio displayed in the Edit Mode monitor with any problems?

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949950#5949950

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949950#5949950

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949950#5949950. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 12. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                Saunts Level 1

John,  I  am  very  illiterate  when  it  comes  to  computers.  I'm  67  and,  did  not  grow  up  with  technology...  lol

Wish  I  could  give  you  that  info.

The  computer  is  about  8  years  old  and,  is  a  Dell  Lattitude  D630.  That's  all  I  know

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:58:17 -0800

created by John T Smith in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

>If  I  drag  the  "blank  box"  down  to  the  timeline  it  will  play  the  video

That would SEEM to indicate a graphics adapter driver that need to be updated... what brand/model graphics adapter do you have, and what version device driver?

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949949#5949949

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949949#5949949

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949949#5949949. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 13. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

Sorry for the black instead of blank.

But, what about what I asked after you substitute blank for black?

And, what is the file extension for the file...avi, mp4, or mov?

All that would help alot.

Thanks.

ATR

• 14. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                    Saunts Level 1

If  I  drag  the  video  down  to  the  ...  I  guess it's  called..."timeline"  It  will  show  the  beginning  frame  and  actually  PLAY  the  whole  video  if  I  prompt  it.  I  have  no  Idea  about  the  file  extension.  Where  is  that  shown ??

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:19:59 -0800

Saunts

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949954#5949954

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949954#5949954

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949954#5949954. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 15. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                      Saunts Level 1

I  know  you  must  be  related  to  Ray  Romano....Everybody  loves  Raymond...  Cause  I'm  sure  you  are  getting  quite  a  laugh  about  how  dumb  I  am  about  all  this  stuff....  LOL

I'm  afraid  you  need  to  tutor  me  as  if  I  were  5  years  old..  ha  ha

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:19:59 -0800

Saunts

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949954#5949954

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949954#5949954

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949954#5949954. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 16. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos

I am Win7 and so your exact screens MAY be different... but... do this

Go to CONTROL PANEL and select HARDWARE AND SOUND

Click DEVICE MANAGER on the next screen

Click the + sign to the left of DISPLAY ADAPTERS

What is the brand/model that is shown? (mine is nVidia GTX 285)

Once you know what you have, you SHOULD be able to check for a later version driver

• 17. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                          Saunts Level 1

Can't  believe  I  just  did  that  but.....

NVIDIA  Quatro  NVS  135 M

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:34:22 -0800

created by John T Smith in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

I am Win7 and so your exact screens MAY be different... but... do this

Go to CONTROL PANEL and select HARDWARE AND SOUND

Click DEVICE MANAGER on the next screen

Click the + sign to the left of DISPLAY ADAPTERS

What is the brand/model that is shown? (mine is nVidia GTX 285)

Once you know what you have, you SHOULD be able to check for a later version driver

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949958#5949958

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949958#5949958

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5949958#5949958. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 18. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

The Premiere Elements learning curve is a serious matter. Nothing to be taken lightly or taken for granted. Every question is important, small or large. Never hesitate to ask a question. Every answer is always obvious once you have been there and done that. I often reflect on "the measure of a smart person is not what he/she knows but rather what he/she knows that they do not know". All that said, let us move forward zealously to get you moving forward with your project with some fine tuned communication.

I have gone back and reread your whole thread. I think the light bulb may have lit here and that I bypassed the following.

When  I  open  the  Organize  and  view  videos  section  that  is  supposed  to  show  ALL  my  imports.

All  that  are  fully  showing  are  the  pictures...  ALL  The  Videos  are  located  in  a  "BLANK"  box  on  that  same  screen.

Again,   If  I  select  the  "make  movies"  option   the  videos  are  able  to  be  dragged  down  to  the  timeline,  where  they  fully  appear. However,  I  cannot  view  them  in  the  selection  area

On my re-read of your thread, it appears that your blank box is not in Project Assets in the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements 12 Editor. It is in the Elements Organizer 12 which is part of Premiere Elements 12. Is that correct? If it is,

a. if you double click the blank thumbnail in that Elements Organizer 12, can you play back the video file there?

And, what you are saying is that when you open this Elements Organizer 12 blank box in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, you see the video and hear the audio just fine. Is that what is going on?

Video thumbnail problem in the Elements Organizer is a frequent report. That is why details, such as the file extension of the file involved, are so important along with the other properties of the file.

One way around this is to use Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Add Files and Folders (from computer hard drive) to get your file into Project Assets from where you drag it to the Timeline. Does that work for you?

Before I go on and on, let us see if we are in sync on this.

Your help on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

John T Smith

If my current read of Saunts details are correct, this sounds like the usual video thumbnail problem in the Elements Organizer which is not resolvable at the video card/video card driver level.

Some try to solve this with the latest version of QuickTime installation and other miscellaneous remedies.

Let us see if Saunts can confirm what I suspect. Details of my current accessment of the issue can be found in post numbered 18.

From Saunts initial details, I thought that Saunts was in the Premiere Elements 12 workspace and saw no involvement of the Elements Organizer until I spotted the details in the quote.

ATR

• 20. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

Great job finding the name of the video card.

Please let us know at least the file extension of the iPhone 4 file that is involved in all this.

Thank you.

ATR

• 21. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                  Saunts Level 1

Well,  A.T.    thanx....You  have  salvaged  my  self  esteem.

Let  us  go  where  no  man  has  gone  before...  LOL

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:00:36 -0800

From: forums_noreply@adobe.com

Saunts

The Premiere Elements learning curve is a serious matter. Nothing to be taken lightly or taken for granted. Every question is important, small or large. Never hesitate to ask a question. Every answer is always obvious once you have been there and done that. I often reflect on "the measure of a smart person is not what he/she knows but rather what he/she knows that they do not know". All that said, let us move forward zealously to get you moving forward with your project with some fine tuned communication.

I have gone back and reread your whole thread. I think the light bulb may have lit here and that I bypassed the following.

On my re-read of your thread, it appears that your blank box is not in Project Assets in the Expert workspace of Premiere Elements 12 Editor. It is in the Elements Organizer 12 which is part of Premiere Elements 12. Is that correct? If it is,

a. if you double click the blank thumbnail in that Elements Organizer 12, can you play back the video file there?

And, what you are saying is that when you open this Elements Organizer 12 blank box in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, you see the video and hear the audio just fine. Is that what is going on?

Video thumbnail problem in the Elements Organizer is a frequent report. That is why details, such as the file extension of the file involved, are so important along with the other properties of the file.

One way around this is to use Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Add Files and Folders (from computer hard drive) to get your file into Project Assets from where you drag it to the Timeline. Does that work for you?

Before I go on and on, let us see if we are in sync on this.

Your help on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950069#5950069

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950069#5950069

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950069#5950069. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 22. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                    Saunts Level 1

I  also  downloadad  Apple  Quicktime  at  the  suggestion  of  the  initial  installation  prompts

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:05:53 -0800

John T Smith

If my current read of Saunts details are correct, this sounds like the usual video thumbnail problem in the Elements Organizer which is not resolvable at the video card/video card driver level.

Some try to solve this with the latest version of QuickTime installation and other miscellaneous remedies.

Let us see if Saunts can confirm what I suspect. Details of my current accessment of the issue can be found in post numbered 18.

From Saunts initial details, I thought that Saunts was in the Premiere Elements 12 workspace and saw no involvement of the Elements Organizer until I spotted the details in the quote.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950075#5950075

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950075#5950075

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950075#5950075. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 23. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                      Saunts Level 1

Where  do  I  find  this  file  extension ?????????

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:07:16 -0800

Saunts

Please let us know at least the file extension of the iPhone 4 file that is involved in all this.

Thank you.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950077#5950077

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950077#5950077

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950077#5950077. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 24. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

The file extension....

If I am right that you are in the Elements Organizer 12, then....

a. With the mouse cursor, click once the blank thumbnail for your video (left mouse click as opposed to right mouse click). This should put a blue frame around the selected thumbnail.

b. Go to the top row of menus, to the View Menu.

c. Open the View Menu, and click "Details" and also "File Names" to put a check mark next to each.

d. Look to just below the bottom edge of the selected thumbnail. You should see the file name, something like,

Sauntsproject.mp4 or Sauntsproject.mov or Sauntsproject.avi. What is after the dot in the file name is the file extension. I am after the file extension for the file name for that selected thumbnail. I am thinking that your answer is going to be either .mp4 or .mov or .avi.

Thanks.

ATR

• 25. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                          Saunts Level 1

I  don't  know  if  this  is   what  you  want  but,

It  appears  all  videos  are  in  AVC  format

All  Photos  in  JPEG  format

Is  that  what  you  need ?? 

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:07:16 -0800

Saunts

Thank you.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950077#5950077

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950077#5950077

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950077#5950077. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 26. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                            Saunts Level 1

I  see  279.mov  on  one  of  the  videos

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:45:45 -0800

Saunts

The file extension....

a. With the mouse cursor, click once the blank thumbnail for your video (left mouse click as opposed to right mouse click). This should put a blue frame around the selected thumbnail.

c. Open the View Menu, and click "Details" and also "File Names" to put a check mark next to each.

d. Look to just below the bottom edge of the selected thumbnail. You should see the file name, something like,

Sauntsproject.mp4 or Sauntsproject.mov or Sauntsproject.avi. What is after the dot in the file name is the file extension. I am after the file extension for the file name for that selected thumbnail. I am thinking that your answer is going to be either .mp4 or .mov or .avi.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950132#5950132

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950132#5950132

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950132#5950132. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 27. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                              Saunts Level 1

A.T.  On  all  the  videos  there  is  a  number,  then  a  period,  then  mov

On  all  the  photos  it's   IMG,  then  a  number,  then  JPG

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 12:45:45 -0800

Saunts

The file extension....

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950132#5950132

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950132#5950132

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950132#5950132. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 28. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

I suspect the video compression for the file is AVCHD which is sometimes represented as avc1 or MPEG4 AVC/H.264.

But, I am still after the file extension, what comes after the dot at the end of the file name. I suspect is is .mp4 or .mov.

Have you confirmed yet what the frame size of your video is? 1920 x 1080 (often called 1080p) or 1280 x 720 (often called 720p).

After all your work at getting this information together, the conclusion may very well be "it is what it is". And, you may need to consider having your iPhone 4 files in a folder on the hard drive from where you import them into the project with the program's Add Media/Files and Folders as opposed to going from Elements Organizer 12 to Premiere Elements workspace.

I am not sure that we are at that conclusion yet, but close.

Thanks.

ATR

• 29. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                  Saunts Level 1

Yes,  it  appears  to  be  MOV.

I   don't  know  how  to  determine  the  frame  size...  where's  that ?

One  things  for  sure....  I'm  learning  to  navigate  my  computer  much  better

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 13:03:49 -0800

Saunts

I suspect the video compression for the file is AVCHD which is sometimes represented as avc1 or MPEG4 AVC/H.264.

But, I am still after the file extension, what comes after the dot at the end of the file name. I suspect is is .mp4 or .mov.

Have you confirmed yet what the frame size of your video is? 1920 x 1080 (often called 1080p) or 1280 x 720 (often called 720p).

After all your work at getting this information together, the conclusion may very well be "it is what it is". And, you may need to consider having your iPhone 4 files in a folder on the hard drive from where you import them into the project with the program's Add Media/Files and Folders as opposed to going from Elements Organizer 12 to Premiere Elements workspace.

I am not sure that we are at that conclusion yet, but close.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950189#5950189

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950189#5950189

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950189#5950189. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 30. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

You are doing great. Thanks for the .mov file extension.

Back in the Elements Organizer 12, go to the blank thumbnail for this .mov file and right click it with the mouse.

Then select "Show File Info" from the pop up list.

After you do that, look to the far right of the Elements Organizer 12 and its right column with the headers of Tags and Information. Click on Information.

In the Information column, you should see Size......MB and then, next to that, the dimensions that we seek. I am guessing that you will see 1920 x 1080.

Thanks.

ATR

• 31. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                      Saunts Level 1

size 23.2 MB   

720 x 1280

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 13:29:01 -0800

Saunts

You are doing great. Thanks for the .mov file extension.

Back in the Elements Organizer 12, go to the blank thumbnail for this .mov file and right click it with the mouse.

Then select "Show File Info" from the pop up list.

After you do that, look to the far right of the Elements Organizer 12 and its right column with the headers of Tags and Information. Click on Information.

In the Information column, you should see Size......MB and then, next to that, the dimensions that we seek. I am guessing that you will see 1920 x 1080.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950261#5950261

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950261#5950261

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950261#5950261. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 32. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

I am hoping that I have some good news for you now that you have gathered the information to let know that we are dealing with a file

AVCHD video compression

.mov file extension

frame size = 1280 x 720

I could not find an iPhone 4 video to try out on my Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit, but I did find a sample from a Canon camera that had stated properties similar to your video's properties, that is

AVCHD video compression

.mov file extensio

frame size = 1280 x 720

When I took that into the Elements Organizer 12 via its File Menu/Photos and Videos/From Files and Folders, the video presented as a thumbnail with a small off white film strip against a gray background. Did you see the same or was yours all gray? How would you define "blank"? Be that as it may....

If I double clicked my gray thumbnail, the video played back in a player in the Elements Organizer 12. And I could get the file from there into the Premiere Elements workspace by right clicking the thumbnail and selecting Edit with Premiere Elements Editor.

Now after all those words, comes the good news. In the Elements Organizer 12, if I right clicked my gray thumbnail and selected "Update Thumbnail", the first frame of the video appeared in the thumbnail and remained thereafter.

So please review the above, try the "Update Thumbnail" suggested fix, and let us know the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR

• 33. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                          Saunts Level 1

A.T......    U  Da  Man  !!!

It  works  like  a  charm  !!!

YA  -  HOO

I'm  sure  I  will  have  many  more  "hurdles"  to  cross  but,  this  was  a  HUGE  move  forward.

Thank  you.  Have  a  lovely  holiday  season.

Jim  Sauntry

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 14:32:03 -0800

Saunts

I am hoping that I have some good news for you now that you have gathered the information to let know know that we are dealing with a file

AVCHD video compression

.mov file extension

frame size = 1280 x 720

I could not find an iPhone 4 video to try out on my Premiere Elements 12 Windows 7 64 bit, but I did find a sample from a Canon camera that had stated properties similar to your video's properties, that is

AVCHD video compression

.mov file extensio

frame size = 1280 x 720

When I took that into the Elements Organizer 12 via its File Menu/Photos and Videos/From Files and Folders, the video presented as a thumbnail with a small off white film strip against a gray background. Did you see the same or was yours all gray? How would you define "blank"? Be that as it may....

If I double clicked my gray thumbnail, the video played back in a player in the Elements Organizer 12. And I could get the file from there into the Premiere Elements workspace by right clicking the thumbnail and selecting Edit with Premiere Elements Editor.

Now after all those words, comes the good news. In the Elements Organizer 12, if I right click my gray thumbnail and selected "Update Thumbnail", the first frame of the video appeared in the thumbnail and remained thereafter.

So please review the above, try the "Update Thumbnail" suggested fix, and let us know the outcome.

Best wishes

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950286#5950286

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950286#5950286

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950286#5950286. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 34. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Jim  Sauntry

I am applauding your success. Great job gathering the information.

Best wishes for this holiday season and always.

ATR

• 35. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                              Saunts Level 1

The  applause  goes  to  you ....  My  teacher......

Professor  Romano.  "DVM"  ...  Doctor  of  video  miracles

If  I  have  other  issues  as  time  goes  by  would  you  mind  if  I  contact  YOU ?

I  doubt  if  anyone  else  would  have  had  your  patience...  LOL

I  actually  went  in  today  and  enhanced  all  my  pictures.  I  also put  text  with  them.

Tomorrow  I  will  attempt  to  crop  some  of  the  videos.

I'm  learning  and,  It's  FUN !

Thanx  again,  Jim

Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 15:19:33 -0800

Jim  Sauntry

I am applauding your success. Great job gathering the information.

Best wishes for this holiday season and always.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950440#5950440

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950440#5950440

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5950440#5950440. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 36. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos

>I'm  learning

The Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may also help

Plus...

Premiere Elements FAQ List (2 pages of FAQ as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq?view=all

Premiere Elements TIPS List (6 pages of Tips as of September 2013) http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_tips?view=all

• 37. Re: Trouble importing Iphone videos
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jim Sauntry

I like your enthusiasm. It was so good when you wrote

I  actually  went  in  today  and  enhanced  all  my  pictures.  I  also put  text  with  them.

Tomorrow  I  will  attempt  to  crop  some  of  the  videos.

I'm  learning  and,  It's  FUN !

Not only is it fun, but you will be creating all sorts artistic treasures to share with friends and family.

And, thank you for the kind words.

Although you can always contact me via private message here at Adobe and I will respond, it is a good idea to post in the thread format so as we all learn and share together.

Best wishes,

ATR