5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2013 8:12 PM by A.T. Romano

After rendering my film is zoomed in.

Coco Biggs

When editing a short film I can see the whole screen frames of my videos. But after rendering the film it is zoomed in about 25% so that I cant see the whole thing. How do I fix this problem. I have rendered many films but this is the first time this has happened to me.

• 1. Re: After rendering my film is zoomed in.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Coco Biggs

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

When you refer to "render", please confirm that you are referring to rendering of the Timeline to get the best possible preview of what you are seeing in the monitor when you play back the Timeline content in Edit in contrast to render as in export.

If you mean render as in export, please include

a. properties of your source media

b. project preset

c. details of your export setting, including any export setting customization under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the presets used.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: After rendering my film is zoomed in.
            Coco Biggs Level 1

I'm using Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8

a. I'm refering to exporting

b. My source media is from my Canon T3I, MOV File (.MOV)

c. Project preset F4V - HD 1080p (Flash 9 and higher)

d. no advanced settings used.

• 3. Re: After rendering my film is zoomed in.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Coco Biggs

Thanks for the reply with some details. Just a few more details please.

From what you wrote, your export setting is

Publish+Share

Computer

Adobe Flash Video

with the export preset of F4V - HD 1080p (Flash 9 and higher)

I get the impression that you are using the preset as is with no adjustments under the Advanced Button of the preset. If so, then you are probably using a frame rate designed as "Same As Source". Don't. Go under the Advanced Button/Video Tab and change that to the specific frame rate of your video source which should be 29.97, 25, or 23.976 progressive frames per second. That Same As Source does not always function as expected and I do not want to include that as a possible variable even though I do not believe at this point that is at the core of your issue.

That should cover the export angle on this. Now onto to the import of your source video.

From what I have read of the video properties of your Canon camera, you are probably recording

1920 x 1080 @ 29.97, 25, or 23.976 progressive frames per second? This would be an AVCHD.mov file. So, the question becomes what are you or the project setting as the project preset for this project. This project preset in the new project dialog should match the properties of the source video. Do they?

As an example, if you are recording 1920 x 1080 @ 29.97 progressive frames per second, is the project preset set to

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30 @ 29.97

If you are letting the project do the project preset setting, then determine what the program has set via Edit Menu/Project Setting/General. What do you see there grayed out or not, especially Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size. In this example, Editing Mode = DSLR, Timebase = 29.97 frames per second, and Frame Size = 1920 x 1080.

Next, on the end product that you have now which appears to be zoomed, what player are you using for the play back?

And, can you confirm the properties of this end product with a video properties reader such as MediaInfo?

Please review. The above Q&A should to point to the core of the problem.

Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification on anything that I have written. If you are letting the project set the project preset and it is doing it incorrectly next I will detail how you set the project preset manually yourself.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: After rendering my film is zoomed in.
                Coco Biggs Level 1

Thank you so much.

We just discovered that we filmed at 60fps which is not compatible with the F4V 1080 that we were using to do our export render. You got it right!!!!

• 5. Re: After rendering my film is zoomed in.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Coco Biggs

Great news that you identified the core of your problem. Great job.

Thanks for reporting the outcome.

Best wishes.

ATR