1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 22, 2013 1:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 12 playback very choppy - the renders file are only 1 second long

BeckerEd

I render the timeline but the playback is not useable since it is so choppy.  I found the render files and each one is only 1 second long.  It can't possibly work given the render files defaulting to 1 second.  Now what?  I have tried everything - removing the files, then render again.  Delete all files and add them back and render.  THis is sad that it doesn't work.  I have always counted on Adobe to be the best but tech support just ignores me.  I was promised a call back that never happened.  Adobe, where are you?????

1 second render files on Premier Elements 12.JPG

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 12 playback very choppy - the renders file are only 1 second long
          A.T. Romano Level 7

BeckerEd

This is not Adobe. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users.

I will get back to the actual preview files produced during the Timeline content render, but first I would like to start with the basics of your workflow with this choppy play back.

1. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? What do your computer resources look like? Is your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card? Do you have more than one video card in your computer?

2. How and what are you importing into this project that yields the choppy previews of rendered Timeline content? What are the properties of these source media...video and audio compression, frame size, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file size, pixel aspect ratio. What camera is this video coming from? Or do you have videos and stills on this Timeline?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

3. Based on your source media properties, what are you or the program setting as the project preset in the new project dialog?