3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2006 6:09 PM by Bahaar

attachMovie under the Mask

Bahaar
      I have a movie in which I have a "Mask arrangement." The arrangement is that I have a Mask layer with several "cutouts." That layer is masking the layer below it which has only a single movieclip. I position the movie clip under a particular cutout so that it shows, then do some other stuff with it. Here's the trick:

At a certain point, I have that small movieClip execute an attachMovie and pull another movieClip from the library. I *want* it to be "under the masked layer" so that this new movieClip also is able to peek out through the holes in the mask.

However, when I attachMovie the new movieClip appears ON TOP OF the mask instead of inside being masked. I've tried playing with various layer management tricks, but it's not working.

I think the issue is that when I add a new movieClip to the stage, it's either going on a layer BELOW the mask (and the objects it should be masking)...so don't see it. Or it's going on a layer ABOVE the mask (and the objects it's masking).

How do I get a new movieClip to appear "inside" the masking arrangment?

---Damian