5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 14, 2018 9:26 AM by Albert Dong

how do i keep flash cs6 from scrolling while trying to draw on touchscreen computer

Bankshot Level 1

its really annoying plus its haulting my creative process

• 1. Re: how do i keep flash cs6 from scrolling while trying to draw on touchscreen computer
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

You may want to try the zoom mode "fit in window". It essentially removes the need or ability to scroll. Outside that there is no way for the OS to know if you intend to draw or scroll and the OS will always work with scrollable panels first priority. There's no way for Windows to know you intend to draw, so removing the scrollability is key.

I haven't checked my touchscreen options on my laptop but I do know it has extra settings in the control panel for the touchscreen input. You may want to check those settings to see if you can disable scrolling using the touchscreen overall (temporarily while you draw).

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: how do i keep flash cs6 from scrolling while trying to draw on touchscreen computer
            Bankshot Level 1

thanks man im about to try my control panel now because if that is so that would be the greatest thing

• 3. Re: how do i keep flash cs6 from scrolling while trying to draw on touchscreen computer
              jordanm76159792 Level 1

No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find any way to disable touch screen scrolling. So I instead enabled the zoom tool and set it to window zoom. Then you can place it wherever you want and draw like that. I tested that method and it works fine.

• 4. Re: how do i keep flash cs6 from scrolling while trying to draw on touchscreen computer
                Albert Dong Level 1

I had this EXACT issue on a new touchscreen computer I got recently while animating on Flash. I was actually quite surprised when I found that someone had the exact same issue as I did, and I found a temporary solution (sorry for writing back so late).

I'm drawing on an HP ENVY x360 with a Wacom Bamboo Ink Pen, with two buttons on its side. While you could solve this issue by pressing the "fit to screen" option in Flash (so there is no need for a scroll bar), another way would be to hold down the first button on the side of the pen. This, in turn, causes the program to interpret the stroke as a brush stroke, rather than trying to scroll.

Surprisingly, Flash was working fine for me for the past few weeks until the scrolling issue suddenly started. For other programs (like Medibang Paint Pro), the drawing strokes work fine with my pen.

The link to where I got this info from:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6psfmc/please_add_an_option_to_disable_pen_scr olling/ (This is for Photoshop but I think it's a universal problem for touchscreen devices on some programs)

Hope this helped! You should feel special because I created an Adobe account just to answer this question

• 5. Re: how do i keep flash cs6 from scrolling while trying to draw on touchscreen computer
                  Albert Dong Level 1

VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

My last post was giving another solution to this problem, by pressing the sidebar in flash so that it recognizes the pen as doing a right-click instead of scrolling. But, after painstakingly searching around forum after forum for around five hours today, I finally discovered upon a legitimate solution to this problem, in which you don't have to press any button to make sure flash recognizes your pen as actually trying to draw!

Microsoft released a new update called the KB4093112, and I'm assuming that you're operating on this system because this is when the pen scrolling problem should've started to occur. In the "Known Issues of this Update" section of the forum, Microsoft described that an issue popped up where, "After applying KB4093112, some users may experience unexpected panning or scrolling in certain apps while using the pen."

And (quoted from the forum), "You can resolve this issue using the following steps:

From Start, search for cmd

Right-click Command Prompt in the search results, and choose Run as administrator

At the command prompt, type or copy/paste:

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pen /v LegacyPenInteractionModel /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Press Enter

After the command executes, the issue with panning and scrolling should be resolved.

Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release."

I actually got all this information from a different forum, and if you want to give credit to the original person who found this solution, I suggest you go to this forum:

Re: Unwanted behavior with pen after using some functionalities

Hope this helps y'all!