1 2 3 Previous Next 86 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2014 5:07 AM by Saunts

Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12

Saunts

This  is  my  first  effort  at  creating  a  video  with  this  new  program.  I  have  several  questions  but,  we'll  do  one  at  a  time.   First ...  When  I  create  a  transition  a  "banner"  shows  up  on  the  screen  saying  "created  by  premier 12 trial version.  Is  that  going  to  be  there  on  the  "finished  product ?  It's  very  annoying  and,  blocks  everything.     Second ....  When  I  looked  thru  the  photos  I  ADDED  some  captions  to  the  bottom  of  the  photos.  However,  the  TEXT  doesn't  show  up  when  creating  a  movie.  What  am  I  doing  wrong ?

• 1. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Yes, your trial shared/exported video will have a banner... that is why it is a trial

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_faq?view=all has an article on the 2nd page about removing the banner AFTER you buy the product

• 2. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
            the_wine_snob Level 9

John T. has provided the link to converting one's PrE to "full-paid," from trial, and also what must be done, regarding the Project(s) created during the trial period. Be sure to read the full details on any existing Projects, created during that trial period.

As for the Title, that sounds like you wished to create a Lower-third Title, for your captions. Did you choose one of the Lower-third Title Templates, edit the Text in the Template, and then drag that Lower-third to the Timeline, above your Video? That should allow you to add the necessary captions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

The Adobe watermark will appear on your exports from the tryout. They cannot be removed during the tryout as well as after you purchase the product.

Question 1....Adobe Watermark

However, the Adobe watermark within the project file (project.prel) can be removed after purchase. The classical way is to open the project created in the tryout (now with purchased serial number), go to Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files and do clicking on that to remove the Rendered Files taking with it the Adobe watermark.

When I have been in this type of situation, I have found that insertion of the purchased serial number was all that was necessary to get rid of the Adobe Watermark. There were several of us who reported that. Many need to go the Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files route.

Please let us know if that works for you when the time comes.

Question 2....Captions at bottom of the photos...

More details needed on that one. Where did you add these captions and how? If in the Elements Organizer, did the preferences there included adding captions as text. If in Premiere Elements workspace, did you create and place Titler text titles (Video 2) over your photos (Video 1)? If you created the captions in the Elements Organizer, did you see the captions in Premiere Elements workspace prior to you hitting the burn button in the burn to section?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

I did not see John T. Smith's and Hunt's replies until after I had posted mine.

We will look forward to your details so we know how to answer your captions question best. I saw no mention of you using lower 3rd title templates in what you were doing. So, clarification on how you were creating those captions will put aside specificulations so that we can get at the core of the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                  Saunts Level 1

Professor,  How  ya  doin  buddy ?   Glad  I  got  you  again.

I  don't  know  about  3rd  that  title  stuff.

When  I  click  on  a  picture  to  "preview  it.  I  have  the  option  at  the  bottom  of  the  screen  to  "add  a  caption"

When  I  do  this  it  does  show  up  in  the  "preview".   However,  I  doesn't  show  up  when  I  put  it  in  the  timeline  and,

play  it  back.  Do  I  have  to  push  a  "save  button"  or  something ?

If  you  can  get  into  my  "account"  and  preview  "recently  created  items"  you'll  see  what  I  mean.

I'll  be  happy  to  give  you  my  password    if  you  need  it.

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:34:30 -0800

To: jsauntry47@hotmail.com

Subject: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12

Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Saunts

I did not see John T. Smith's and Hunt's replies until after I had posted mine.

We will look forward to your details so we know how to answer your captions question best. I saw no mention of you using lower 3rd title templates in what you were doing. So, clarification on how you were creating those captions will put aside specificulations so that we can get at the core of the issue.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953420#5953420

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953420#5953420

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953420#5953420. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 6. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                    Saunts Level 1

Ok.  I  get  that.   If  I  select  a  PAID  subscription  will  that  be  removed ??

Also...  Will  all  the  stuff  I  created  on  the  trial  subscription  be  saved ?

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:20:27 -0800

created by John T Smith in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

Yes, your trial shared/exported video will have a banner... that is why it is a trial

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements/premiere_elements_ faq?view=all has an article on the 2nd page about removing the banner AFTER you buy the product

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953384#5953384

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953384#5953384

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953384#5953384. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

• 7. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                      Saunts Level 1

I'll  be  doing  that  right  after  the  1st  of  the  year....  spent  all  my  Social  Security  on  presents...  Ha  ha

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:29:40 -0800

Saunts

The Adobe watermark will appear on your exports from the tryout. They cannot be removed during the tryout as well as after you purchase the product.

Question 1....Adobe Watermark

However, the Adobe watermark within the project file (project.prel) can be removed after purchase. The classical way is to open the project created in the tryout (now with purchased serial number), go to Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files and do clicking on that to remove the Rendered Files taking with it the Adobe watermark.

When I have been in this type of situation, I have found that insertion of the purchased serial number was all that was necessary to get rid of the Adobe Watermark. There were several of us who reported that. Many need to go the Timeline Menu/Delete Rendered Files route.

Please let us know if that works for you when the time comes.

Question 2....Captions at bottom of the photos...

More details needed on that one. Where did you add these captions and how? If in the Elements Organizer, did the preferences there included adding captions as text. If in Premiere Elements workspace, did you create and place Titler text titles (Video 2) over your photos (Video 1)? If you created the captions in the Elements Organizer, did you see the captions in Premiere Elements workspace prior to you hitting the burn button in the burn to section?

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953415#5953415

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953415#5953415

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953415#5953415. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 8. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

Please let me know if I am on the right track (video or otherwise)....

It sounds to me like you have added a caption in the Elements Organizer 12, looking something like this,

Caption 1.JPG

If correct so far....Now, you can take that from the Elements Organizer into Premiere Elements 12 two ways

a. If you right click the thumbnail for the picture with caption and select Edit with Premiere Elements Editor, I do not see that this type of caption will be displayed in the Premiere Elements workspace. (Even if you have beforehand checked Elements Organizer/Preferences/Files and Import EXIP Caption.)

b. But, if you highlight this thumbnail, go to Create/Slideshow/ and beforehand have a check mark next to "Include Photo Captions As Text" option that is included in the Slideshow preferences, you will end up with that text caption inside the photo in the Elements Organizer slideshow editor.

OK, but we are not in the Premiere Elements workspace yet. If you then transfer that slideshow to Premiere Elements workspace, the caption will appear inside the photo as you saw it in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor. But, you will have the slideshow in a video format. If you want to break that slideshow into its components, right click the video form on the Timeline and select Break Apart Element Organizer Slideshow. When you do that, you will find that caption is presenting as a title file on the track Video 2 above the photo Video 1.

So instead of applying your caption the way that I suspect you are doing in Elements Organizer, just create your text titles in Premiere Elements Titler (text title on Video 2 directly above photo on Video 1).

Please check out all of that and let us know if any of that applies to your situation.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                          Saunts Level 1

A.T.   Yes,  I  believe  I  am  doing  all  the  text  additions  in  the  organizer  portion.

I  would  like  to  do  it  an  easier  way  but,  I'm  really  lost  on  the  premier elements  titler.

You  need  to  go  a little  slower...

First ,  do  I  go  into  create  a  video  and  not  organizer  when  the  program

first  opens ??

Step  by  step  please,  professor. 

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 13:52:51 -0800

Saunts

Please let me know if I am on the right track (video or otherwise)....

It sounds to me like you have added a caption in the Elements Organizer 12, looking something like this,

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-5953666-527343/450-352/Caption +1.JPG

If correct so far....Now, you can take that from the Elements Organizer into Premiere Elements 12 two ways

a. If you right click the thumbnail for the picture with caption and select Edit with Premiere Elements Editor, I do not see that this type of caption will be displayed in the Premiere Elements workspace. (Even if you have beforehand checked Elements Organizer/Preferences/Files and Import EXIP Caption.)

b. But, if you highlight this thumbnail, go to Create/Slideshow/ and beforehand have a check mark next to "Include Photo Captions As Text" option that is included in the Slideshow preferences, you will end up with that text caption inside the photo in the Elements Organizer slideshow editor.

OK, but we are not in the Premiere Elements workspace yet. If you then transfer that slideshow to Premiere Elements workspace, the caption will appear inside the photo as you saw it in the Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor. But, you will have the slideshow in a video format. If you want to break that slideshow into its components, right click the video form on the Timeline and select Break Apart Element Organizer Slideshow. When you do that, you will find that caption is presenting as a title file on the track Video 2 above the photo Video 1.

So instead of applying your caption the way that I suspect you are doing in Elements Organizer, just create your text titles in Premiere Elements Titler (text title on Video 2 directly above photo on Video 1).

Please check out all of that and let us know if any of that applies to your situation.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953666#5953666

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953666#5953666

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953666#5953666. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 10. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

As they say, this is just a test

1. Open Premiere Elements 12 to the Expert workspace.

2. Import a photo from the hard drive into the program via the program's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets. And, from Project Assets, drag your photo to the beginning of Video Track 1.

3.With your Timeline Indicator (Blue head on Red Stem) at the beginning of the Timeline, go to Text/New Text/Default Text and click on Default Text to open the Titler which will have four sections (Text, Styles, Animation, and Shapes). Click on the Text section tab. Notice that, when the Titler opened, the program automatically placed the title on the Timeline at the position of the Timeline Indicator.

a. There are a variety of ways to start typing, replacing the default "Add Text" with what you want. What I usually do is to go to the right edge of the Add Text default with the mouse cursor and left click/drag from right to left across Add Text to put a gray cast over it and then type with the horizontal type tool. When I am ready to move the text around, then I select the Selection Tool in the trio of tools (horizontal text tool, vertical text tool, selection tool) in the Text Section and use it to select the text. When you make the text selection, you should see a bounding box around the text for you to use for resizing and such.

b. Important add ons...after the Titler closes, to open the title again for more editing, double click the title on the Timeline...when you want to close the Titler, look to the top right of that Adjustments Panel. You should see two tiny gray arrows point right. Click those arrows to close the Titler.

Here is some reading material for your to review after you have done some mini test runs with the above.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS020935FC-7A12-48f2-8884-F8DC2D7E6985. html#WSAD71E62C-F126-4d17-90AC-7190E8A86CA7

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-titler-part-1-text-animations.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-titler-part-2-styles.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe11-titler-shapes-for-highlighting.html

The last three may be more than you want now since your focus is on captions, but maybe hold on to them for another time when you want to get deeper into the Premiere Elements Titler opportunities.

Please review and let me know if I went too far beyond what you sought. I will back up if necessary.

Also, please take a look at "captions as text" in Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor preferences.

Thanks.

ATR

• 11. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                              Saunts Level 1

Thank  you.  I  will  try  all  that  you  have  suggested.  Further,  I  will  read  the  material.

I  have  1  more  simple  question  for  today:  Some  of  the  PICTURES  in  my  organizer  were  taken  with  an  Iphone 

in  the  "upright"  position....[longer  than  wide.]  When  I  try  to  insert  them  into  the  timeline  of  a  video  they  are

turned  sideways.  Can  I  correct  this ?  Also  with  some  of  the  Videos  taken  with  the  Iphone  "upright"   they  appear

very  narrow  on  the  video...  Any  correction ?

I'll  be  back  tomorrow...  My  "prof"  gave  me  a  lot  of  homework  ...lol

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:01:31 -0800

Saunts

2. Import a photo from the hard drive into the program via the program's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets. And, from Project Assets, drag your photo to the beginning of Video Track 1.

3.With your Timeline Indicator (Blue head on Red Stem) at the beginning of the Timeline, go to Text/New Text/Default Text and click on Default Text to open the Titler which will have four sections (Text, Styles, Animation, and Shapes). Click on the Text section tab. Notice that, when the Titler opened, the program automatically placed the title on the Timeline at the position of the Timeline Indicator.

a. There are a variety of ways to start typing, replacing the default "Add Text" with what you want. What I usually do is to go to the right edge of the Add Text default with the mouse cursor and left click/drag from right to left across Add Text to put a gray cast over it and then type with the horizontal type tool. When I am ready to move the text around, then I select the Selection Tool in the trio of tools (horizontal text tool, vertical text tool, selection tool) in the Text Section and use it to select the text. When you make the text selection, you should see a bounding box around the text for you to use for resizing and such.

b. Important add ons...after the Titler closes, to open the title again for more editing, double click the title on the Timeline...when you want to close the Titler, look to the top right of that Adjustments Panel. You should see two tiny gray arrows point right. Click those arrows to close the Titler.

Here is some reading material for your to review after you have done some mini test runs with the above.

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS020935FC-7A12-48f 2-8884-F8DC2D7E6985.html#WSAD71E62C-F126-4d17-90AC-7190E8A86CA7

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-titler-part-1-text-animation s.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe11-titler-shapes-for-highligh ting.html

The last three may be more than you want now since your focus is on captions, but maybe hold on to them for another time when you want to get deeper into the Premiere Elements Titler opportunities.

Please review and let me know if I went too far beyond what you sought. I will back up if necessary.

Also, please take a look at "captions as text" in Elements Organizer Slideshow Editor preferences.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953858#5953858

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953858#5953858

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953858#5953858. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 12. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                the_wine_snob Level 9

For the "portrait" oriented videos, you can use the Fixed Effect>Rotate, to change that.

However, remember that nearly all Video is "landscape," or wider than tall, so you will have to decide what else you will need to do, to make your Rotated Video work for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 13. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

More work for you.

Premiere Elements has a rotate option within the program.

1. If you right click the file on the Expert workspace Timeline, the pop up gives you the option of Rotate 90 Right or Rotate 90 Left.

2. If you click the file to select it on the Expert workspace Timeline and go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded, you will note that there is a Rotate option mid way down the Motion Panel expanded. With this one, you have more of a choice of rotation.

The same options are available in the Quick workspace, but I typically use the Expert workspace so I refer to it more often. That choice is because I believe that I can see better what I am doing and thus have more control in Expert workspace. If you prefer Quick workspace, then I would say "just do not toggle between Quick and Expert" since the Quick workspace does not always present what can be seen in the Expert workspace. Stay in one or the other.

More later.

ATR

• 14. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

I did not see Hunt's post until after I had posted my latest one.

I would just add this note - when he refers to "Fixed Effects", he appears to be talking about mine and Premiere Elements' Applied Effects/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded which are the names of the actual components of the path involved to the feature.

ATR

• 15. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                      Saunts Level 1

Yes  I  understand  I'm  gonna  lose  something  but,  I'd  like  to  see  which  is  better.

Where  do  I  find  this  fixed  effect /  rotate.  Be  specific,  I'm  a  total  beginner.

How  about  for  the  pictures...  Same  thing ?

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:33:42 -0800

created by Bill Hunt in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

For the "portrait" oriented videos, you can use the Fixed Effect>Rotate, to change that.

However, remember that nearly all Video is "landscape," or wider than tall, so you will have to decide what else you will need to do, to make your Rotated Video work for you.

Good luck,

Hunt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954041#5954041

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954041#5954041

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954041#5954041. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 16. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                        Saunts Level 1

OK  A.T.     I  didn't  get   this  message  until  after  I  replied  to  Bill.

I  will  attempt  all  this  stuff  and,  keep  you  guys  posted.

Thanx  again,  Jim

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:38:56 -0800

Saunts

More work for you.

Premiere Elements has a rotate option within the program.

1. If you right click the file on the Expert workspace Timeline, the pop up gives you the option of Rotate 90 Right or Rotate 90 Left.

2. If you click the file to select it on the Expert workspace Timeline and go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded, you will note that there is a Rotate option mid way down the Motion Panel expanded. With this one, you have more of a choice of rotation.

The same options are available in the Quick workspace, but I typically use the Expert workspace so I refer to it more often. That choice is because I believe that I can see better what I am doing and thus have more control in Expert workspace. If you prefer Quick workspace, then I would say "just do not toggle between Quick and Expert" since the Quick workspace does not always present what can be seen in the Expert workspace. Stay in one or the other.

More later.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954031#5954031

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954031#5954031

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954031#5954031. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 17. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

Here is a screenshot of Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded

AppliedEffects.JPG

ATR

• 18. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Saunts,

In your Expert Timeline, click on your Video Clip, to Select it. Then, go to Applied FX, and twirl open Motion. There, you will find Rotation:

PrE_Rotate.png

Good luck,

Hunt

• 19. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Saunts already has that information. Please refer to post #13 and #14. I think we were all traveling in cyberspace at the same time.

Saunts has lot of information now to consider and to decide what works for the project. We will be looking forward for further development with Saunts project.

ATR

T

• 20. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                Saunts Level 1

Merry   Christmas  to  all  of  "Santa's  Helpers"  at  forums....  You  folks  are  really  kind ! 

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:59:01 -0800

Saunts,

In your Expert Timeline, click on your Video Clip, to Select it. Then, go to Applied FX, and twirl open Motion. There, you will find Rotation:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-5954047-527439/449-563/PrE_Rot ate.png

Good luck,

Hunt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954047#5954047

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954047#5954047

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954047#5954047. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 21. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                  Saunts Level 1

"The  Saunts  Project"   ....  Yup,  I  certainly  am  a  project !     LOL

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:03:39 -0800

From: forums_noreply@adobe.com

Hunt,

Saunts already has that information. Please refer to post #13 and #14. I think we were all traveling in cyberspace at the same time.

Saunts has lot of information now to consider and to decide what works for the project. We will be looking forward for further development with Saunts project.

ATR

T

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954130#5954130

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954130#5954130

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954130#5954130. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 22. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

Good Christmas Eve morning to you.

Thanks for your Christmas Greetings.

Wishing you all the best for Christmas, New Year, and always.

ATR

• 23. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I agree, as when I started my screen-cap (thought that I already had that one, but did not), your post had not yet appeared. That is the way that it is, sometimes on the Internet.

Now, once the Clip(s) has/have been Rotated, there will be decisions to make, as to how they will be displayed in the Timeline's Frame.

Hunt

• 24. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Merry   Christmas  to  all  of  "Santa's  Helpers"  at  forums....  You  folks  are  really  kind !

Saunts,

Merry Christmas, and the Happiest of New Years to you, as well.

When you have explored the possibilities of the Rotated footage, please do not hesitate to ask any questions, that arise, or request clarifications. We are here to help you.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 25. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                          Saunts Level 1

Ok  Prof...  I  went  to  the  expert  toolbar,  selected  the  clip,  went  to  FX  effects  and  opened  it.

I  selected rotate  left.....  now  how  to  I  select  and,  SAVE  that  change.  I  can;t  seem  to  get  the

rotation  to  apply  as  a  finished  product...  ??

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:59:01 -0800

Saunts,

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-5954047-527439/449-563/PrE_Rot ate.png

Good luck,

Hunt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954047#5954047

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954047#5954047

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954047#5954047. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 26. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

I  selected rotate  left.....  now  how  to  I  select  and,  SAVE  that  change.  I  can;t  seem  to  get  the

rotation  to  apply  as  a  finished  product...  ??

When the Motion>Rotate has been applied, the change should be permanent, until you change it. The only Save operation is to Save the Project (the .PREL file). When you output your Timeline (Publish+Share), with the Motion>Rotate applied, that Effect will be used to create that output file. You should see that the footage has been Rotated, when you play the Timeline. To see that playback, in the best possible way, you will likely want to Render at least that part of the Timeline. This is accomplished by hitting the Enter/Return key. If you wish to limit that Render to JUST the area with the Rotated Clip, you can do so with the WAB - the Work Area Bar. Just set its little gray end-brackets to the Head, and Tail of that Rotated Clip.

Hope that helps, but if not, please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 27. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

After you go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Rotation property, do you see something like the following in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace

Rotate.JPG

In this screenshot, I have used the Rotation slider to rotate the image to the angle that I wanted rather using the Rotate Left or Rotate Right buttons. Still Rotation should work to the same to different degrees.

a. When you used a Rotation option did you see the image rotate as per your request while the Applied Effects Palette as opened?

b. After you clicked on those two tiny arrows to close the Applied Effects Palette, did the image revert back to its original orientation? If so, I have not seen that happen before.

Please review to make sure we all are in sync.

Thanks.

ATR

• 28. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                Saunts Level 1

Ok... I  got  it  to  rotate...YA-HOO.

I  should  have  been  more  specific  though...I  took  a  pic  of  a  road  sign  with  my  Iphone.  If  I  rotate that  sideways

the  sign  is  sideways  too  !!

What  is  happening  is....when  I  create  a  movie  the  sign  picture  AUTOMATICALLY   rotates  making  it  impossible  to  READ.

How  can  I  prevent  THAT  from  happening  ???

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 06:39:53 -0800

I  selected rotate  left.....  now  how  to  I  select  and,  SAVE  that  change.  I  can;t  seem  to  get  therotation  to  apply  as  a  finished  product...  ??When the Motion>Rotate has been applied, the change should be permanent, until you change it. The only Save operation is to Save the Project (the .PREL file). When you output your Timeline (Publish+Share), with the Motion>Rotate applied, that Effect will be used to create that output file. You should see that the footage has been Rotated, when you play the Timeline. To see that playback, in the best possible way, you will likely want to Render at least that part of the Timeline. This is accomplished by hitting the Enter/Return key. If you wish to limit that Render to JUST the area with the Rotated Clip, you can do so with the WAB - the Work Area Bar. Just set its little gray end-brackets to the Head, and Tail of that Rotated Clip.

Hope that helps, but if not, please do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Good luck,

Hunt

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954845#5954845

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954845#5954845

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5954845#5954845. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 29. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                  Saunts Level 1

You  guys  are  gonna  give  me  a  "big  head"... I'm  workin'  in  expert  mode...

Yea,  right !

I  have  to  say..  This  program  is  gonna  be  exciting,  once  I  learn  a  little  more. 

I'm  having  a  lot  of  fun  learning  thanks  to  all  of  you .

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 08:19:09 -0800

Saunts

After you go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Rotation property, do you see something like the following in Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-5955074-527715/450-264/Rotate. JPG

In this screenshot, I have used the Rotation slider to rotate the image to the angle that I wanted rather using the Rotate Left or Rotate Right buttons. Still Rotation should work to the same to different degrees.

a. When you used a Rotation option did you see the image rotate as per your request while the Applied Effects Palette as opened?

b. After you clicked on those two tiny arrows to close the Applied Effects Palette, did the image revert back to its original orientation? If so, I have not seen that happen before.

Please review to make sure we all are in sync.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955074#5955074

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955074#5955074

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955074#5955074. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 30. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

More questions...

a. when you record a scene with your iPhone, how are you holding the iPhone, portrait (width smaller than height) or landscape (width larger than height)?

b. when you look at your scene on the computer (at your hard drive save location), how does the image present, portrait or landscape?

What you import into Premiere Elements media, should represent/trace back to the original that is saved to the computer hard drive.

More later.

ATR

• 31. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                      Saunts Level 1

Prof.    I  am  trying  multiple  things  her  so,  bear  with  me.

lets  go  back  to  a  discussion  we  had  yesterday  about  text  on  pictures.

I  believe  I  have  to  be  in  "expert  mode  to  do  all  of  the  things  you  asked  me  to  try...

I  went  into  expert  and,  was  then  able  to  access  these  items.  I'm  working  on  trying

all  the  things  you  suggested.

However, what  about  doing  all  this  text  stuff  in  a  a  naration   instead.  Would  that  be  easier ?

Bill  Hunt  had  given  me  a  way  to  do  that  earlier  but,  I  was  a  bit  overwhelmed  and  lost  that  text.

Maybe,  that  might  be  a  more  "personable" way  to  do  this  ????

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 16:01:31 -0800

Saunts

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WS020935FC-7A12-48f 2-8884-F8DC2D7E6985.html#WSAD71E62C-F126-4d17-90AC-7190E8A86CA7

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/07/pe-titler-part-1-text-animation s.html

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2013/08/pe11-titler-shapes-for-highligh ting.html

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953858#5953858

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953858#5953858

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5953858#5953858. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 32. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                        Saunts Level 1

Prof.  In  certain  pics  I  held  the  Iphone  upright   

When  I  put  these  pics  in  the  timeline  of  a  video  it  AUTOMATICAlly  turns  the  entire  pic  sideways

so  you  can't  see  it.  Is  there  any  way  to  prevent  that ?

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 10:07:10 -0800

Saunts

More questions...

a. when you record a scene with your iPhone, how are you holding the iPhone, portrait (width smaller than height) or landscape (width larger than height)?

b. when you look at your scene on the computer (at your hard drive save location), how does the image present, portrait or landscape?

What you import into Premiere Elements media, should represent/trace back to the original that is saved to the computer hard drive.

More later.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955207#5955207

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955207#5955207

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955207#5955207. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 33. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

This should be an interesting one, using a narration clip to convey a message as the photo plays. (Note: you can always adjust photo duration as needed, but for now let us assume the default 5 seconds duration for a still.)

1. Open Premiere Elements 12 to the Expert workspace. Import your photo and drag it to the start of Video 1. Have the Timeline Indicator (Blue head on red stem) at the beginning of the Timeline. (Note: the narration will begin where you have that Timeline Indicator placed. If you see anyone mentioning CTI, CTI is the Timeline Indicator.)

2. Go to Tools Menu at the top of the workspace and select Narration from the drop down list. When you click on Narration, you will get the following Narration dialog

Narration.JPG

Note that when you press Record, the recording does not start immediately. Look to the top of the dialog to where it says "Press Record To Start Recording". When you press Record, that message will begin to read something like recording in 3, 2, 1....The Record Button will rename to Stop Button while recording. Practice stopping the narration so that its duration is the same or close to that of the photo. Click Done in the Narration dialog after you have stopped the recording. The narration which has a .wav format is automatically placed on the Timeline at the position of the Timeline Indicator.

Some miscellaneous

a. Do you have a desktop microphone that you can plug-in to computer jack for Narration? USB microphones typically do not work.

b. To avoid disappointment if you get no Narration, then beforehand, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and click on the ASIO button. In the dialog that opens, make sure that Input and Output devices are enabled. For me, they have a tendency to shut off in between periods of not using Premiere Elements.

c.I prefer working in the Expert workspace because I think you can see better what you are doing and thus have more control. But, because I wrote about the Expert workspace, does not automatically mean that the feature cannot be used in the Quick workspace. Generally speaking, Quick workspace does not have all the features of the Expert workspace. But I did not want you to misunderstand my preference for Expert workspace.

More letter.

Thanks.

ATR

• 34. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                            Saunts Level 1

Yea...but  I  think  I  need  to  do  something  to  my  computer  FIRST  to  make  it  "available"

to  me  to  use  audio.  Something  about  hardware  on  my  computer  ?????

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:08:18 -0800

Saunts

This should be an interesting one, using a narration clip to convey a message as the photo plays. (Note: you can always adjust photo duration as needed, but for now let us assume the default 5 seconds duration for a still.)

1. Open Premiere Elements 12 to the Expert workspace. Import your photo and drag it to the start of Video 1. Have the Timeline Indicator (Blue head on red stem) at the beginning of the Timeline. (Note: the narration will begin where you have that Timeline Indicator placed. If you see anyone mentioning CTI, CTI is the Timeline Indicator.)

2. Go to Tools Menu at the top of the workspace and select Narration from the drop down list. When you click on Narration, you will get the following Narration dialog

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-5955336-527788/450-441/Narrati on.JPG

Note that when you press Record, the recording does not start immediately. Look to the top of the dialog to where it says "Press Record To Start Recording". When you press Record, that message will begin to read something like recording in 3, 2, 1....The Record Button will rename to Stop Button while recording. Practice stopping the narration so that is duration is the same or close to that of the photo. Click Done in the Narration dialog when done. The narration which has a .wav format is automatically placed on the Timeline at the position of the Timeline Indicator.

Some miscellaneous

a. Do you have a desktop microphone that you can plug-in to computer jack for Narration? USB microphones typically do not work.

b. To avoid disappointment of no Narration, beforehand, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and click on the ASIO button. In the dialog that opens, make sure that Input and Output devices are enabled. For me, they have a tendency to shut off in between periods of not using Premiere Elements.

c.I prefer working in the Expert workspace because I think you can see better what you are doing and thus have more control. But, because I wrote about the Expert workspace, does not automatically mean that the feature cannot be used in the Quick workspace. Generally speaking, Quick workspace does not have all the features of the Expert workspace. But I did not want you to misunderstand my preference for Expert workspace.

More letter.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955336#5955336

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955336#5955336

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955336#5955336. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 35. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                              Saunts Level 1

I  do  not  have  a  microphone.  I  can  go  to a  close  by  radio  shack.

What  do  I  ask  them  for???

Saunts

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-5955336-527788/450-441/Narrati on.JPG

Note that when you press Record, the recording does not start immediately. Look to the top of the dialog to where it says "Press Record To Start Recording". When you press Record, that message will begin to read something like recording in 3, 2, 1....The Record Button will rename to Stop Button while recording. Practice stopping the narration so that is duration is the same or close to that of the photo. Click Done in the Narration dialog when done. The narration which has a .wav format is automatically placed on the Timeline at the position of the Timeline Indicator.

Some miscellaneous

b. To avoid disappointment of no Narration, beforehand, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and click on the ASIO button. In the dialog that opens, make sure that Input and Output devices are enabled. For me, they have a tendency to shut off in between periods of not using Premiere Elements.

More letter.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955336#5955336

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955336#5955336

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955336#5955336. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 36. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                                Saunts Level 1

How,  exactly,  do  I  increase / decrease  the  length  of  the  photo  duration ?

Saunts

Some miscellaneous

More letter.

Thanks.

ATR

• 37. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Saunts

1. If you already have the still on the Timeline

a. you can take the mouse cursor, left click/drag the right edge of the still out

or

b. you can right click the Timeline still, select Time Stretch from the pop up menu, and set the duration in the Time Stretch dialog to whatever you want. That 00;00;00;00 is hours;minutes;seconds;frames. If you want to change 5 seconds duration to 10 second duration for the still, then 00;00;05;00 gets changed to 00;00;10;00.

2. If you decide on a still duration BEFORE you import your media, before you import your media, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and Still Image Default Duration. It is shown in frame units. If you are in a NTSC 30 frames per second area, you should see 150 frames (aka 5 seconds). Change that to 300 frames (aka 10 seconds) if that is what you want. More information on that upon request. Then import your stills.

IMPORTANT. The duration set in preferences will affect only those files that you brought into the program AFTER the change in still duration.

3. And, if you have a bunch of stills on the Timeline that need to have their duration changed, select all, right click anywhere in the highlight, select Time Stretch, and set the wanted still image duration. All stills should then have duration change to what you designated.

Please let me know if you are OK with those details. If not, please let me know where I need to supplement and/or clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

• 38. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                                    Saunts Level 1

Heading  to  Radio  shack  right  now  B 4  they  close...

keep  u posted  on  my  progress

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:31:54 -0800

Saunts

a. you can take the mouse cursor, left click/drag the right edge of the still out

or

b. you can right click the Timeline still, select Time Stretch from the pop up menu, and set the duration in the Time Stretch dialog to whatever you want. That 00;00;00;00 is hours;minutes;seconds;frames. If you want to change 5 seconds duration to 10 second duration for the still, then 00;00;05;00 gets changed to 00;00;10;00.

2. If you decide on a still duration BEFORE you import your media, before you import your media, go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and Still Image Default Duration. It is shown in frame units. If you are in a NTSC 30 frames per second area, you should see 150 frames (aka 5 seconds). Change that to 300 frames (aka 10 seconds) if that is what you want. More information on that upon request. Then import your stills.

IMPORTANT. The duration set in preferences will affect only those files that you brought into the program AFTER the change in still duration.

3. And, if you have a bunch of stills on the Timeline that need to have their duration changed, select all, right click anywhere in the highlight, select Time Stretch, and set the wanted still image duration. All stills should then have duration change to what you designated.

Please let me know if you are OK with those details. If not, please let me know where I need to supplement and/or clarify.

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955407#5955407

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955407#5955407

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955407#5955407. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

• 39. Re: Question on Trial version of Premier Elements 12
                                                                                      Saunts Level 1

Dear  Professor,

When  I  finally  get  this  project  done  and  I  "graduate"  from  Video  101....  I'd  Like  to  buy  you  a  drink.

I'm  from  upstate  New  York.  How  about  yourself ?

Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:31:54 -0800

Saunts

or

Thanks.

ATR

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955407#5955407

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955407#5955407

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5955407#5955407. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

1 2 3 Previous Next