1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 23, 2013 3:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Music clip help needed

CacheBRC

I am working in Premiere 11 and would like to add a music clip to my timeline. The music in the drag and drop box is 30 seconds long. How do I get a longer clip or can I stretch the clip on the timeline as in Premiere 12? I am just learning the program. I need help fast! Thanks.

• 1. Re: Music clip help needed
          A.T. Romano Level 7

CacheBRC

lf you stretch the audio clip with Time Stretch beyond its recorded time, it will distort progressively as you drag the file out.

Where is this music clip coming from? If it is one of the SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 soundtracks, you can customize the duration in the SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 workspace so that is does not impact the music arrangement when music file is opened in the Timeline from the SmartSound/Sonicfire Pro 5 workspace.

The SmartSound feature can be found under the Music Tab at the bottom of the Premiere Elements 12 workspace. What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Let us start here and then decide what next. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification on anything written.

Thanks.

ATR