• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What do I need to do to have flash player register?

Dec 24, 2013 Dec 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XP is the operating system, MS internet exployer 8 I am the administrator, loaded and ran subinacl.msi,

I always get message " error program failed to register"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I knew, radiosjon. See my thread 'Flash Player 11 won't install, XP' to see what I did, all to no avail.  I hope someone can find the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uninstall your provise verion Flash Player following http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.htm

then download latest Flash player via   http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

hope it works on you computer

Thanks
-Bo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2014 Jan 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the uninstall program. I then tried to install flash program and got the same message "program failed to register". each time it failed to install I ran the uninstall program and it said that it did uninstall the flash program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2014 Jan 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi radiosjon, Please see below what I did, copied from my original thread. It's all working well now. I hope the following will help.....

26-Dec-2013 14:38   in reply to alystra

Well.... Today was Eureka day. I finally got past the Active x failing to register by downloading Microsoft Download manager and then the .msi version of the FP 11 installer. Follow the links in the following reply to someone else to get to the right file to download (for my problem, anyway). :-

25-Dec-2013 13:07   in reply to gowflow

I Just found the answer long awaited for and it is in the shortcuts listed beside this question posted on the right and I will put the link here for whoever runs in similar situation.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4788425#4788425

It will bring you to download the full active X version afterwhat you can download the normal latest flash player version and it will register correctly.

Well, the second suggestion  in the answers you'll see on the link was the one that worked.  Many thanks to all who helped. Yippee!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

went to adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distributions.html. which then tride to install flashplayer 11 activex. error msg 1722 did not load all programs. Why is this so hard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

radiosjon wrote:

went to adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distributions.html

That page does not exist; the correct URL is http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/distribution3.html

Did you run the MSI installer?  Can you post a screenshot of the error you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide the FlashInstall.log file in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that user alystra ran SubInACL with reset_fp10; is that the same that you ran?

It should be reset_fp11; see http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines