3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2013 7:31 AM by the_wine_snob

iSight shows video image, yet getting recorder captured no frames error!

emiller

Premiere Elements 10. I'm trying to capture from built in iSight camera (which is showing a video image just fine) however am getting error recorder captured no frames.  I have  looked in the forums, checked scratch disks, trashed prefs and even reinstalled PE10, but when I go to capture from webcam, isight cam, I can see the video image, but it gives me the error - recorder captured no frames after  I attempt to capture.

Please help!

THX!

• 1. Re: iSight shows video image, yet getting recorder captured no frames error!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

emiller

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 10?

How are you trying to get the video from the iSight camera into your Premiere Elements 10? Is this a webcam built into a laptop as opposed to a USB webcam connected to your computer via USB?

What project preset have you set? And what are the properties of the video from the iSight which this webcam?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written?

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: iSight shows video image, yet getting recorder captured no frames error!
            emiller Level 1

OK.. I did state above that this is a built in iSight cam, but to further clarify it is built in to a macbook pro running OSX 10.57 

The video is coming in to PE 10 through the iSIght camera.  The problem is that on capture, it does not save any frames. It also does not advance the capture time when capture is pressed.  On pause, it declares error recorder captured no frames.

In System profile, the isight is found under USB

I have tried various project pre-sets and new projects with various properties - all fail.

Possibly another piece of critical info is that I recently migrated to a higher capacity hard drive.

Any suggestions?

THX!

• 3. Re: iSight shows video image, yet getting recorder captured no frames error!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

emiller,

Please excuse me, if these questions do not apply to your Mac, as I am a PC-only user, but:

Doesn't your iSight camera come with the iSight program? IIRC, there are two versions of iSight, where one is rather basic, but then there is an "expanded" version.

Can the iSight program allow for you to capture from the camera? If so, that would be the ideal program to use for capturing from the iSight camera. On a Mac, I would *guess* that the iSight program would capture to a MOV format file, and that will likely contain the H.264 CODEC. A bit of caution here, as many Mac programs will output to MOV, BUT the CODEC inside that format's wrapper, can be varied. The H.264 CODEC should be ideal for what you are wanting to do.

If the above is correct, and capture through the iSight program is MOV w/ H.264, the resultant files should Import easily into a PrE Project, for editing.

The Capture module in PrE is for a camera, or device, that is attached via IEEE-1394a (FireWire 400, or iLink). As your iSight camera is seen as a USB device, it is probable that PrE cannot see and access that device properly.

Please let us know a bit more about the iSight program, and its capabilities.

Good luck,

Hunt