7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2013 4:14 PM by animationlife

CINEMA 4D Lite.

animationlife Level 1

Hello Everyone.

Is CINEMA 4D Lite comes with After Effects only ?

I went to MAXON Website, and I noticed there are 3 Products there, CINEMA4D Broadcast, CINEMA 4D Prime, and CINEMA 4D Visualize. But No CINEMA 4D Lite.

Also, they are so Expensive.

is CINEMA 4D Lite Is enough for Basic 3D Modeling Animation ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: CINEMA 4D Lite.
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Yes, Cinema 4D Lite only comes with After Effects.

There's a comparison of the editions of Cinema 4D linked to from this page, so you can see what's in each edition:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/details-of-cinema-4d-integration-with-after-ef fects.html

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CINEMA 4D Lite.
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

is CINEMA 4D Lite Is enough for Basic 3D Modeling Animation ?

Not really.

Mylenium

• 3. Re: CINEMA 4D Lite.
              animationlife Level 1

Dear Mylenium.

I  work with Lightwave 3D, But all the Tutorials out there are for AE/C4D.  Looking at the C4D price $$$$, Just Scares you. I am sure It is a  wonderful Product, but It Is very Expensive. And I see Integrating A/E  and C4D, But I don't see any Integrating Lightwave and A/E.

Thanks.

• 4. Re: CINEMA 4D Lite.

If you use LW then you can already get a lot done. Not sure why anyone would actually want to get a C4D version then just to be able to use Cineware. Assuming you are on a current version of LW, you have AE integration in some way. Cineware is really only useful for leightweight scenes like some basic 3D text or low poly geometry. Currently it does not have OpenGL interactivity nor does C4D have something like VPR, so in my view - what's the point of even using it? That aside, I think this pseudo-3D integration is hugely overrated and there are limitations in AE as well like the 3D camera tracker not being calibratable, which messes with scene scale and axis alignment... Beyond simplistic motion graphics that require interaction with native 3D data and some very specific AE plug-ins like Plexus or Particular plus some scene replacement stuff there's really not much to it. Anything beyond that will require so much extra work, it's usually not worth the trouble as I keep writing on my blog (like here in the integration section).

Mylenium

• 5. Re: CINEMA 4D Lite.
                  animationlife Level 1

Dear Mylenium..

Thanks ,I did read your Article.. That was a Huge Article, Thanks A lot.

In the past year I been thinking of learning Modo, because the people that I know that are using Lightwave, are using Modo Instead,  and they really like It very much.

So, In other words, If some-one ask you this question:  I am learning After Effects, and I do have a basic background on Lightwave, would you recommend the learning of Modo-after Effect,

rather than Lightwave-After Effects ??

Thank you very much..

• 6. Re: CINEMA 4D Lite.

I have no preference in the matter. I always liked LW just as I do modo. My decision to abandon LW merely came about over this "CORE" mess that NewTek made. Otherwise I'd likely still be using it today. Plus pretty much all our freelancers use Cinema 4D, which required me to use it as well.

Mylenium

• 7. Re: CINEMA 4D Lite.
                      animationlife Level 1

Thanks.