5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2013 8:03 PM by StrongBeaver

Photoshop CC Camera Raw Update to 8.3 not working?

ErhardB Level 1

I run Photoshop CC which currently has camera raw 8.2 installed.

If I run the update process from the help menu, it keeps telling me that PS CC is up to date and nothing to update although a check on the camera raw plug-in still reads out to version 8.2.

Downloading the update manually also didn't work: The Adobe InstallPatcher simply ntells me that this update doesn't apply to me????????

What did I wrong or what's wrong here?

System: Win 7 Pro, 64bit

BTW: Trying to update PS CC from the cloud desktop is also a failure since it shows that the application is "up to date".

Help please, I want the camera raw 8.3 update!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC Camera Raw Update to 8.3 not working?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Have you tried logging out of, rebooting, and logging back into the CC-Manager application?  Sometimes it takes a little kick to get CC-Manager to see what versions of things you have.

Did you download the ACR 8.3 CC updater or the ACR 8.3 CS6 updater?  Obviously the CS6 updater wouldn’t apply, unless you also have CS6 installed.

It may be that you need to uninstall PS-CC and re-install it, to reset things back to the ACR 8.0. 

If you look in the ACR 8.3 CC setup.zip you’ll see two more zips that have the 64-bit and 32-bit assets, and within each of those is a large file, 1002 or 1003 or 1004, I forget, exactly, but the largest file in each, and that file is actually the Camera Raw.8bi plug-in, which you can manually rename and copy over the top of the ACR 8.2 plug-in in the 64-bit and 32-bit paths for Photoshop. 

You would then need to install the DNGC 8.3 to get the updates to lens and camera profiles that corresponded to the ACR 8.3 plug-in.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC Camera Raw Update to 8.3 not working?
            ErhardB Level 1

Thanks for your tips and hints.

I downloaded the ACR 8.3 CC updater.

Uninstall a software for an update? Excuse my language, but you gotta be kidding me! I'd rather send the coder home or back to school, or fire him. I'm a software developer myself and the need to re-install for an update is ridiculous. I know, not your fault, but you've gotta vent off sometimes :-)

I'll give the "unzip and rename" option a try later on and let you know how it worked.

Happy holidays!

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC Camera Raw Update to 8.3 not working?
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Things go smoothly for almost all people.  Something is off with your computer.  Exceptional procedures are to deal with an exceptional situation. 

The manual install process will work.  I’ve done it for both PS and for Elements when things go haywire or when the ACR installer won’t allow updating to the beta versions. 

The process is generally the same as outlined in this forum message, although the source of the files and versions are different:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4189818#4189818

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC Camera Raw Update to 8.3 not working?
                ErhardB Level 1

There is nothng off or wrong with my computer; triple-checked this. I always look for mistakes at my side first.

The manual install worked flawless. Thanks again for your help.

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC Camera Raw Update to 8.3 not working?
                  StrongBeaver Level 2

I have the same problem;

Photoshop Camera Raw 6.7 Update

Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7