3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 30, 2013 10:20 AM by sinious RSS

SDK manager: missing SDK cannot be removed

vservu Community Member

I got stuck:
      SDK manager reports at every start of Flash Pro that some old AIR SDK versions are missing.

What is OK and correct, since I deleted the versions 3.2 and 3.4.

But those missing SDKs cannot be removed with SDK manager, because a next message tells me: Path is not availabe/found

Sure it is not, I removed it. But because of that message I also cannot add a new SDK (I want to try v4.0).
      So I neither can remove non existing ones, nor add new SDKs. I only can exit that window by abort; with the result that no changes to the list are saved

How can I unlock that situation?
      I tried to create empty folders at the expected path. I even added configuration files with those version names, to no avail.

I hesitate re-installing Flash PRO becasue I do not want to loose settings or risk anything. I need it in my production workflow to create the projector exe and app files.

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: SDK manager: missing SDK cannot be removed
          sinious MVP

I assume you're using CS6, 3.6 comes with CC, 3.2 comes with CS6. Are the SDKs by chance still in recycling able to be restored? If not just re-download 3.2 (what it expects to exist) and put it back in the AIR3.2 folder. That's the easiest. You could also try the preferences reset but it may not fix that issue and you've already said you don't want to lose your settings.

AIR archive downlods:

In the future, as I'm sure you know now, just jump in that panel and remove a SDK before you delete it. You'll notice the panel is quite static. If you update the version of an existing SDK (3.9 to a newer 3.9) it retains the old version number unless you delete it and re-add. It doesn't update itself as well as it could. As a general rule of thumb I never remove the default SDK or Flash Player version a version of Flash Pro comes with. 

• 2. Re: SDK manager: missing SDK cannot be removed
            vservu Community Member

Thank you for your tips and guidance, especially the link to the legacy packages and your "rules of thumb".

I could get rid of all intermediate versions (3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8) after I downloaded those packages, added them to the project folder, took them off the SDK manager list in FLASH Pro and then deleted them.

And after I also added the 3.2 and 3.4 versions I could add the 4.0 beta and there are no longer message windows popping up.

Since SDK manager does not offer to take 3.2 and 3.4 off the list (the "-" is greyed out), I'll follow your suggestion and just keep those.

So I'm OK for the moment.

And yes, I am using CS6.

• 3. Re: SDK manager: missing SDK cannot be removed
              sinious MVP

Glad you got it resolved and if you're all set please mark helpful/correct so we can filter unanswered questions.

You're welcome and good luck!