More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information
-Premiere Elements FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1042180
Such as... 32bit or 64bit and how much Ram is installed... and what are you editing?
If you have any pictures, what size?
Pictures that are "overly" large may cause video editing problems
Photo Scaling for Video http://forums.adobe.com/thread/450798
-HiRes Pictures to DVD http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1187937?tstart=0
-PrEl Crash http://forums.adobe.com/thread/973935
In addition to John T's links (do not think that this one is included?), if you have not seen the links in this Tips & Tricks article, there might be some useful tips: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5782219#5782219
• Version of Adobe Premier Elements: 11.0 (20120901.B261.425551).
• Have I recently installed an update?: Yes, very recently.
• Operating system: Windows Vista, Home Premium, 32 bit.
• Image files: A couple of 640x480 png images.
• Full content of error message: "Error compiling movie. Unknown error."
• What were I doing when the problem occurred?: Compiling my video.
• Has this ever worked before?: Not yet.
• What other softwares am I running?: Nothing else but Windows.
• Computer hardware: I got 41,8 GB free space on my SSD (and another 120 GB free space on my harddrive) and 8 GB RAM.
Thanks for that info. Did either of the links in the "Error Compiling Movie" Adobe KB's, that I posted, work to improve things?
Also, one more set of questions on your computer, please:
- What is the size of your Windows Virtual Memory (Page File)?
- How is the Windows Virtual Memory managed, i.e. dynamically, allowing Windows to expand or contract it, or statically, telling Windows the size and location, created at boot up?