What operating sytem you are currently using?
However, please try to perform the following steps.
Clean up cached user login information:
Delete the opm.db file.
- Close the Creative Cloud application.
- Navigate to the OOBE folder.
Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
- Delete the opm.db file.
- Launch Creative Cloud.
Hello Sumit Singh, Thanks for your quick reply! I am using android 4.2. Hope that helps. I guess I need to find that file on android... Please if you guide me through. Thank you.
From time to time, something similar happens to me, too. Check occasionally that you're signed into CC from PS Touch's options before continuing on with your projects. (It's the cogwheel in the upper right when you start PS Touch.)
I had connection issues from the app too. For me, it was because the app was out of date. It's a bit awkward to update. Here's what I did:
1) Close your Photoshop Touch app.
2) Find the app that is called something like Samsung apps. It will run and then the app will disappear from your app list.
3) If it's already not there or once you complete step 2, find the app called GALAXY Apps and open it. This might require an update too.
4) Do a search for Photoshop. You'll get a bunch of options there. Be careful to not choose the app that you have to purchase. Find the photoshop app that requires an update. You may have to sign up for a Samsung account to update it.
That's it, you should be able to connect after that! Hope this helps.