5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2007 5:52 AM by smgilson

OLAP data grid input file missing

Velda_A
      I'm looking at the example on OLAP queries, they seem pretty powerful, and just what I'm looking for. I cannot fine the input flat data file dataIntro.as on my system. Could someone please point me to it or send me the file as an attachment?
        • 1. Re: OLAP data grid input file missing
          Ajit_Gosavi
          From where this sample was downloaded? is it something which comes with Flex Builder or you got it from Adobe dev net? Please let me know the location and i can look into the issue.
          • 2. Re: OLAP data grid input file missing
            Velda_A Level 1
            I was working thru the OLAP example in the help for Adobe Flexbuilder 3 to create a query for the datagrid, under advanceddatagrid, and it uses a file called dataInfo.as but it's nowhere to be found. I'd love to have that file to see how the construct the input data, consisting of an object which has the row entries in a hierarchy and the measure aggregation defined.
            • 3. Re: OLAP data grid input file missing
              Ram Krishnaiyer (Adobe) Adobe Employee
              Is the question about the following excerpt from the doc? If so, dataIntro.as contains only the line pasted below:-)

"Example using the OLAPDataGrid control
              The following example shows the complete code for creating the OLAPDataGrid control shown in the section About OLAP datagrids to aggregate product sales by quarter. This example uses flat data from the file dataIntro.as that contains sales records in the following format:

data:Object = {
              customer:"AAA",
              product:"ColdFusion",
              quarter:"Q1"
              revenue: "100.00"
              }
              "

• 4. Re: OLAP data grid input file missing
                Velda_A Level 1
                that's exactly the point! It should have a lot more, this is only one object, but the code and the output both show an entire nested datagrid populated with data - so the actual input file is missing and what's there is just a sample of how to structure one object. That's what i was asking for. The other examples have the entire file that are input to the sample examples for the AdvancedDataGrid.
                • 5. Re: OLAP data grid input file missing
                  smgilson
                  The data files for the OLAP examples get large very quickly and are not easy to include in the doc, so that is why only the record format is shown. Here is the data if you want to copy it:

private var flatData:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection(
                  [
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q1", revenue:210, cost:25},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q2", revenue:210, cost:25},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q3", revenue:250, cost:125},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q4", revenue:430, cost:75},

{customer:"BBB", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q2", revenue:125, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q3", revenue:210, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q4", revenue:320, cost:120},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q1", revenue:280, cost:70},

{customer:"CCC", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q3", revenue:375, cost:120},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q4", revenue:430, cost:120},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q1", revenue:470, cost:220},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q2", revenue:570, cost:170},

{customer:"AAA", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q4", revenue:215, cost:90},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q1", revenue:210, cost:90},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q2", revenue:175, cost:190},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q3", revenue:670, cost:75},

{customer:"BBB", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q1", revenue:175, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q2", revenue:210, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Dreamweaver",quarter:"Q3", revenue:120, cost:120},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q4", revenue:310, cost:70},

{customer:"CCC", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q1", revenue:385, cost:120},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q2", revenue:340, cost:120},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q3", revenue:470, cost:220},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q4", revenue:270, cost:170},

{customer:"AAA", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q1", revenue:100, cost:25},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q2", revenue:150, cost:25},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q3", revenue:200, cost:125},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q4", revenue:300, cost:75},

{customer:"BBB", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q2", revenue:175, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q3", revenue:100, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q4", revenue:270, cost:120},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q1", revenue:370, cost:70},

{customer:"CCC", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q3", revenue:410, cost:120},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q4", revenue:300, cost:320},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q1", revenue:510, cost:220},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q2", revenue:620, cost:170},

{customer:"AAA", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q4", revenue:215, cost:90},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q1", revenue:210, cost:90},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q2", revenue:175, cost:190},
                  {customer:"AAA", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q3", revenue:420, cost:75},

{customer:"BBB", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q1", revenue:240, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q2", revenue:100, cost:20},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q3", revenue:270, cost:120},
                  {customer:"BBB", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q4", revenue:370, cost:70},

{customer:"CCC", product:"ColdFusion", quarter:"Q1", revenue:375, cost:120},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flex", quarter:"Q2", revenue:420, cost:120},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Dreamweaver", quarter:"Q3", revenue:680, cost:220},
                  {customer:"CCC", product:"Flash", quarter:"Q4", revenue:570, cost:170}

]);

Stephen