3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2007 3:54 AM by neopium

ASDOC error : Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence

neopium
      Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use ASDOC and have some problems.
      1) The first and most anoying one is that I don't have the complete documentation generated for MXML files : the files appear in the documentation, but the description is empty. I however commented them correctly using /** */ in the <mx:Script> tag, but none of my methods appear... I just see the Events when declared as class metadata.
      2) I'm using Eric Feminella's ASDocAntTask and I experience a strange error message : Impossible to open the document, Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence. It happens for a whole bunch of files in the asdoc/templates directory, including the asdoc-util.xsl file. Maybe this is the reason why point 1) appears ?
      3) The Index html files are not generated... Consequence of point 2) I guess
      4) I have a warning message (oddly appearing 4 times) : CSS type selectors are not supported in components. I know it's not possible to have a link to my CSS file in components. But my file declaration is in the <mx:Application> class...

Thanks for your help, all these errors really put me in trouble as I must deliver the documentation soon...

Thanks

Edit : the complete list of files impossible to read is the following :
      asdoc-util.xsl
      package.xsl
      all-index.xsl
      class-list.xsl
      package-detail.xsl
      class-files.xsl

Ben
        • 1. Re: ASDOC error : Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence
          neopium Level 1
          Hi again !

I finally found how to (partially) solve my problem !
          In ASDocAntTask, there are two files the user has to fill in : the build.xml file and a properties file. In the properties file, you define, for example, the name that you want to appear in the browser window... And as my project is French, I used a French special character é... which messed everything up...
          So finally, I got rid of this problem and solved points 2) and 3)

I have now a great documentation, but still nothing about mxml files !

How can I solve this problem ?
          • 2. Re: ASDOC error : Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence
            neopium Level 1
            Hi again !

I am going on my investigations, and found out another partial
            solution : ASDOC only generated documentation for public methods... As
            my MXML classes declare most of the time private methods, nothing
            appears in the documentation. Is there a way to force ASDOC
            documenting private methods as well ?
            Last question, but not least : how do I include the general
            description of my MXML classes in the documentation ?

Thanks for your help

Ben
            • 3. Re: ASDOC error : Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence
              neopium Level 1
              Hi,

I finally have an answer to my problems :
              - ASDOC for Flex 2 doesn't support documenting private elements. A feature request has been transmitted to Adobe about this and may be implemented in Flex 3
              - ASDOC for Flex 2 doesn't support class level comments in MXML files

Too bad...