2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2013 1:01 PM by JJMack

Cannot change workspace from 3D to Essentials

TmariettaR

Photoshop CC opens in 3D and I can not change the workspace.  I get an error "Could not apply the  workspace because an unexpected end - of - file was encountered"  This is an emergency for me as I have work to do...PLEASE HELP!!

• 1. Re: Cannot change workspace from 3D to Essentials
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 8

Are you able to open/close/move all the respective panels manually?

Boilerplate-text:

Are Photoshop and OS fully updated and have you performed the usual trouble-shooting routines (trashing prefs by pressing command-alt-shift/ctrl-alt-shift while starting Photoshop until the appropriate dialog appears after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved and making a note of the Preferences you’ve changed, 3rd party plug-ins deactivation, system maintenance, cleaning caches, font validation, etc.)

• 2. Re: Cannot change workspace from 3D to Essentials
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Sound like a workspace file is corrupt. Shutdown Photoshop.  Find your user ID Photoshop modified workspace folder and delete or rename the essentials file. Depends your environment where that file is on a windows 7 system mine is:

"C:\Users\John J McAssey\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC\Adobe Photoshop CC Settings\WorkSpaces (Modified)\Essentials"