8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 8:15 AM by the_wine_snob

audio suddenly dissapeared?

scoutjeanfinch

I am new to adobe premiere elements. I exported a file and playing through it i realized that a small chunk was missing audio.When I went back to the timeline that part of the video had a single line as an audio bar, indicating that there was no audio recorded. However, up until this point that part of the video had audio that went along with it. It's a small part of  a sixteen minute segment and after about thirty seconds the sound comes back on.  Does anyone know what happened to this audio? And if there's any way to remediate the situation?

Thank you for your help.

• 1. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is the video coming from and what format and resolution is it? Which version of the program are you using?

If you delete the file from your timeline and project and then re-import it into your project -- and then wait until the indicator at the bottom of the program shows it is completely conformed -- and then add it to your timeline, does it show audio on the track?

• 2. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
            scoutjeanfinch Level 1

The camcorder is Sony HDR-PJ260. I am using Adobe Elements 12.

I deleted the file from the project and the timeline and reimported it using the file I saved in documents and the audio still didn't show up. I found the original file in the adobe elements 12 organizer and the sound is there. But when I tried to import this version the clip was broken into smaller clips and the one that I needed was 1:28 and completely silent.

• 3. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This is an AVCHD camcorder. Did you use Premiere Elements' Video Importer to get the video from the camcorder to your computer over a USB connection? (Premiere Elements can't capture over HDMI.)

Which format are you shooting in? The cam shoots in 1920x1080, 1440x1080 and 720x480. Are you shooting in stereo or 5.1 audio? Your camera has a number of optional settings.

When you place your video on your timeline and switch to Expert view, is there a yellow line along the top of the timeline, over your footage? This indicates that your project is not matching specs with  your video.

• 4. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
                scoutjeanfinch Level 1

Dear Mr. Grisetti,

I want to address the missing sound problem, and I will this weekend, but I have a more pressing project and I was wondering if you had insight on a different matter. When I go to render my footage, it won't render but the marker will return to the beginning of the video. Only still images will render. Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

Thank you so much for your time.

• 5. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

scoutjeanfinch

What is over the Timeline content that will not render?

no colored line

orange line

or

green line

A gray bar (Work Area Bar) runs horizontally above the Timeline. This Work Area Bar has two gray tabs associated with it. Do those two gray tabs span the entire content of the Timeline that is to be rendered. Remember, Timeline render is not possible if the Timeline content green or no colored line.

If other than above, is it possible for you to post a screenshot of the Timeline setup in which the no render situation exists?

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
                    scoutjeanfinch Level 1

Thanks ATR, I figured it out, I mean to post earlier. In your experience does the anti-flicker filter help with grainy footage?

• 7. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

scoutjeanfinch

Thanks for the good news that you resolved the Timeline previewing matter.

You could try the Anti-Flicker in the Motion Panel expanded of Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded, but, for "grainy", ?

You could also try right click of Timeline video, selection of Field Options in pop up, and then Flicker Removal.

Of the two, Anti-Flicker and Flicker Removal, I prefer the Anti-Flicker option. But, for "grainy", the depends how you are defining it. If real grain, then...

Depending on how bad it is, you might want to look into the 3rd party Neat Video Filter.

http://www.neatvideo.com/download.html

ATR

• 8. Re: audio suddenly dissapeared?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

If your definition of "grainy," is noticeable video noise, often in the shadow areas, and often from under-exposure, then I want to give a big +1 for ATR's suggestion of NeatVideo. I find that to be a very useful Effect. Be aware that it can take a little work to set up properly for your exact Video, and it also adds a bit to the processing time (both Render, and during output - Publish+Share), but it can adjust footage, that is almost otherwise unusable, to something nice to view. As an aside, I normally had just a bit of Sharpening to the Video Clip, after the NeatVideo Effect.

Good luck, happy editing, and please let us know a bit more about "grainy."

Hunt