6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2013 7:12 PM by LII

Pre12 Workspace

LII

Hello.

I recently upgraded from Adobe Premiere Elements 7 to 12.

Having used a dual screen setup for Pre7, I am wondering if there is a way to do this in Pre12. I have found the dual-monitor option, and have created a workspace with the timeline, info, history and audio meter on one screen, and the remaining windows on the other. However, when I close and reopen a project, the workspace is not saved, and returns to its original format, meaning each time a project is opened, I have to recreate my workspace.

Is there a way to save the workspace, or should the program save it automatically like Pre7?

Thank you for your assistance,

Lochie.

• 1. Re: Pre12 Workspace
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Lil

Premiere Elements 12 not remembering a dual monitor set up when the project is saved/closed/reopened goes back to version 11 when this type of dual monitor workspace was introduced.

No saving, just understanding what it is doing or not doing.

Please read my detailed blog post on the matter.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2013/04/pe11-dual-monitor-workflow-concerns.html

If you have any questions or need clarification on anything written, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Pre12 Workspace
            LII Level 1

Thanks for your quick response ATR.

So there is no way for the dual monitor workspace to remain the same before and after it is closed?

• 3. Re: Pre12 Workspace
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Lil

So there is no way for the dual monitor workspace to remain the same before and after it is closed?

This looks like the situation in both versions 11 and 12.

I have not visited this as much in 12 as I did in 11. I will give this another look in 12 but the initial studies indicate that we have the same situation in 12 as in 11 with this dual monitor setup being remembered when the project is saved/closed/reopened.

ATR

• 4. Re: Pre12 Workspace
                LII Level 1

Ok. That's a shame. Thank you very much fir your help.

Lochie.

• 5. Re: Pre12 Workspace
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Lil

In my post 3, I think you got the message in spite of the fact that I seemed to have left a "not" from a stragetic part of the of the following.

I have not visited this as much in 12 as I did in 11. I will give this another look in 12 but the initial studies indicate that we have the same situation in 12 as in 11 with this dual monitor setup NOT being remembered when the project is saved/closed/reopened.

The missing "not" is now shown in the repaired quote.

Sorry about that.

ATR

• 6. Re: Pre12 Workspace
                    LII Level 1

That's fine.

I'm just grateful for you help.