5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2013 12:43 PM by awd916

After Effects 3d Render

awd916

I am trying to render my 3d text in after effects cs6 but when I click render, suddenly after effects starts using up 90% of my cpu which causes my computer to crash with an incomplete render. I have set my ray traced renderer quality to as low as 3 but that has not affected this at all. Any ideas???

• 1. Re: After Effects 3d Render
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

We need to know a lot more to help you. Please provide answers to the questions listed here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961743

• 2. Re: After Effects 3d Render
            awd916 Level 1

I have after effect cs6 version 11.0.0.378

I am running windows 8.1

My computer is made by hp and the model number is h9-1315t

Running 64 bit

Processor - Intel COre i7-3770 3.4GHz

16 GB Ram

AMD Radeon 7670 Graphics Card

I have quicktime 7.74.80.86

After effects does not give me an error message but I will get a BSOD witht the error BAD-POOL-CALLER and I will only get this when rendering in after effects.

I am exporting to Quicktime format

Video Codec is Photo-JPEG

Quality Best/100

Resolution1080p

frame rate - 29.97

Is there anything else you need to know?

• 3. Re: After Effects 3d Render
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

a) You are not using the latest 11.0.4 update

b) ATI cards generally don't support CUDA and thus not the 3D renderer

c) You are running on Win 8.1, which introduced a number of compatibility issues with all Adobe apps.

So at best your stuff will run on the CPU, but judging from your error message, there is a driver issue here. Could be something with the power management of your i7. Could of course be a million other things, but without seeing the detailed crash info nobodfy can be more specifc. Apply the AE update, check your device manager for flakey or missing drivers, dabble with the compatibility settings and perhaps security stuff in Windows and even check your CPU configuration in the BIOS/ EFI...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: After Effects 3d Render
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

As Mylenium suggests, begin by installing the After Effects CS6 (11.0.4) update:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CS6_1104

• 5. Re: After Effects 3d Render
                  awd916 Level 1

I have updated but the problem still occurs. I think I might need to

upgrade my processor driver since the driver date is from 2009. I am having

trouble finding the driver for my intel i7-3770k desktop processor which is

in my h9-1315t computer.