9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 1, 2014 10:57 PM by SujaiS

Cycle through open tabbed Documents

Herr K. aus Berlin Level 1

Hello,

i'm a windows user now on a mac. I try to switch between open Documents. I did this by pressing ctrl+tab. I'm using a german keyboard and there is no ~ key which seems to be neede for the mac shortcut. Is there a way to change that keyboard shortcut?

my Best,

Herr K.

• 1. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

In edit->keyboard shortcuts, here's the shortcut in CC:

tab.jpg

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents
            robdillon Most Valuable Participant

That's the keyboard shortcut for moving between the tabs in the menu. Herr K. is looking for the German keyboard shortcut to move from one Flash movie tab to another. On the US keyboard its tilde-control. Apparently the German keyboard has some other character on the key to the left of 1.

• 3. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents

Rob: The OP stated in Windows they used CTRL+TAB to change between "open documents" (each one has a tab if you're working in tabbed mode which I'm left to believe the user is, as they mention it). On OSX the shortcut changes to CTRL+~. I'm merely showing where the keyboard mapping exists in preferences so the user will know what the Deutsche version of the shortcut is, or at least be able to change it to a key they can access.

• 4. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents

Thanks for your answers. I didn't mention that i'm using the english Version of Flash Cs 6. I tried Ukulele and keyremap4macbook without success. If I change the keyboard language to english the shortcuts is cmd+backtick. Its the key next to the left shift on a macbook keyboard. It's this < on a german keyboard.

Everything works when i change keyboard language to english default apple keylayout. Remapping didn't work.

i'm using Flash cs6 for changing ads mainly based on as2 and primarily changing text on different formats. I used to copy paste - tab -paste - tab etc. I cannot find where the shortcut is defined. For now im just switching keyboard but it would be great to either redefine the shortcut or remap that little key.

In photoshop ctrl+tab is working but slightly different. When i double click on a text layer icon and paste text i cant use ctrl-tab to go to the next file but the cmd+` works fine. as im changing the fallbacks its the same workflow and copy paste stuff so i can change keyboards for that part.

• 5. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents

What does your keyboard remap panel say when you try to change it to German keys? Do the key combinations you attempt to set show up correctly in the panel I depicted above?

• 6. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents

the standard keycombo is not working. I can change the shortcut to cmd+< and that's not working either. When i change it to ctrl+< it works.

When i switch to english keyboard the default shortcut is not working (it is working in cs6).

But there's no option to change this shortcut in CS 6.

• 7. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents

Ah, checked CS6 and yep, missing support for assigning a key to that option. D'oh!

One thing that probably isn't helping is you can see during the initial install process that it asks you your language. If you selected English then it created an en_XX folder for your configuration. If you change your OS over to DE then I'm not sure Flash will detect this and re-create all the configuration options in DE automatically.

If you really want to use that keyboard the only thing I could suggest is to install the proper language for Flash during install. The keyboard should work fine after that but if the OS isn't also German I'm not sure what complications you'll get into during exporting where the system codepage will be set to EN, sometimes limiting what fonts get exported.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents

I've always worked with the english versions of Creative Suite Products and never had Problems. I've been a german Windows User running CS in english until now. There was no need to remap Keys. Actually it's just that single Key which is different so its not a big deal. I'll make a Keyboard-Language-Change-Shortcut.

• 9. Re: Cycle through open tabbed Documents
                          SujaiS Adobe Employee

Hi Herr K, You can use CTRL+SHIFT+ ~ on your mac to traverse between documents.

-Sujai

2 people found this helpful