8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 3:27 PM by ssprengel

CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM

Gozotxu

Dear community members,

Some weeks ago I bought my new Canon EOS 6D with a EF 24-105 L f/4.0 IS/USM lens an I am absolutely happy with them :-)

The only problem that I run in to is when I process my photographs in Camera Raw. The thing is that CR does not come up with a lens correction profile for de Canon 6D with the lens mentioned above.

I do find a profile of the 1D Mark III, but this one does not work very well on the RAWs from the Canon 6D.

Does any one know if and (when yes) where I can find the right profile for lens correction? At the Adobe site I could not find the profile van this camera in combination with this objective.

Or perhaps there is another way to apply automatic lens corrections on RAW;s from the Canon 6D with a EF 24-105?

Kind regards and many thanks in advance for your answers :-)

-Gozotxu-

• 1. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Lens profiles are for lenses, and are independent of the camera body, as long as the lens profile was created on a full-frame camera, and as long as you’re shooting raw format on both cameras.

What issues are you having with the lens correction on the 6D body?  Can the lens profile not be selected, even manually, for 6D raws?  Or is it just a case of your ACR defaults for lens corrections aren’t set the same for the 6D as they are for the 5D.3?  You would want Default or Auto set for your lens-profile selection defaults in ACR.

• 2. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM
            Gozotxu Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my late reply (private matters).

There are not any issue with the lens correction function on the 6D body.

My problem is that ACR displays the message: "Unable to load lens profile".

In the Profile Tab of "Lenscorrections" it does select (automatically):

-Make: Canon

-Model: Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 IS USM

-Profile: Adobe(Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 IS USM)

But still ACR can not load the lens profile.

My question is what to do in order to make ACR able to automatically select the right profile (which it already does) and apply the lens profile to the image.

I added a screenshot below

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-01 om 14.07.14.png

Could you help me out here?

Kind regards,

Gozotxu

• 3. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM

Do any lens profiles load?  If you switch to another profile (the wrong profile, for a lens you didn’t use) when you have a 6D raw file loaded, do you get the same error or does the profile change geometric distortion and vignetting?  In other words are all the profiles having issues or is just this specific one?

And, do the lens profiles work on old 5D.3 images, or do you get an error on those images, now, too?

• 4. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM
                Gozotxu Level 1

When I select another lens from the very long list of Canon lenses available in the dropdown menu of "model", there are many other lenses that do not have any issues (so they apply a correction to the image), but there are also  other lenses that do have issues and don't do anything (unable to load lens profile).

I tried to apply the lens correction for the EF 24-104 in Lightroom 5, and there it just works without any problem.

Does this give you any idea about what could be wrong in ACR?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Gozotxu

• 5. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM

LR 5 has its own copy of all the lens profiles.  PS uses a different copy.  If LR can deal with the files, then there isn’t something wrong with the raw photos, themselves, so something is wrong with the lens profiles that are installed for PS.

The official way to fix things like this would be to uninstall PS, then re-install, to reset ACR back to the original version that comes with your PS, then install the latest ACR update.

Before you do all that, though, try installing the latest DNG Converter (8.3).  This may put back profiles that are missing.  It’s near the top of the Adobe Updates page:

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates.html

• 6. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM
                    Gozotxu Level 1

Hello,

Thanks for your advice.

I did download the DNG Coverter but it did not help. So I decided to uninstall Photoshop CS6 and reinstall it again on my Mac.

For uninstall I followed the following steps:

-go to finder

-go to the Photoshop CS6 map

-dubbel click on the Adobe-uninstall icon

This worked perfectly well without any errors.

Now I am running into another problem, a problem with reinstalling PS CS6.

I don't have a cd-rom with PS on it, but I have a downloaded a .DMG file which I bought and downloaded from Adobe (I don't have a CD-player in my Mac). This should not be any problem. But what happens is this:

When I dubbel-click the .DMG-file (Photoshop_13_LS16.dmg) the normal installation window appears.

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-03 om 22.00.35.png

After dubbel-clicking Photshop CS6 icon the following screen appears:

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-03 om 22.00.41.png

After selecting the Install icon the following screen appears:

Schermafbeelding 2014-01-03 om 22.00.49.png

The error message is in Dutch and says: 'install' excists on the diskcopy 'Photoshop_13_LS16.dmg'. Safari downloaded this diskcopy on 2 July 2013

The two buttons say: " Cancel" and "Delete diskcopy file"

When I select "Cancel" the application stops and when I select "Delete diskcopy file" it removes the Install-file (from screenshot) and the application stops.

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Gozotxu

• 7. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM
                      Gozotxu Level 1

Hi again,

After playing and messing around for the whole evening I finally managed to re-install Photoshop again.

And the nice thing is that the lens correction DOES work now

So that's great!

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,

Gozotxu

• 8. Re: CR 8.2 doesn't come up with lens correction profile on Canon 6d with EF 24-105 L 4.0 IS/USM

Who knows what was wrong, but at least you got if fixed.  I’m glad you figured out how to re-install because I wouldn’t know what to tell you since I’m on a PC.