6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2013 3:59 PM by the_wine_snob

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

SlugHammer

I am using the above program and have saved the file which is 1hr 59 minutes into a folder as MPEG that has 1.71TB free of a 1.81TB drive. I am trying to burn the 5.9GB file onto a DVD which is dual layered.  The disk says the space is free and have tried multiple disks.  When I go to burn it, it gives me a response saying that the disk is something like 4.89GB to small.  I can't burn from my original file b/c I don't have enough hard drive space for the temporary files to burn.  Deleting programs really is not an option.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matt

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This is the Premiere Pro forum.

You want Premiere Elements:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere_elements

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
            the_wine_snob Level 9

I am using the above program and have saved the file which is 1hr 59 minutes into a folder as MPEG that has 1.71TB free of a 1.81TB drive.

From the above, do you mean that you did a "Burn to Folder," from your PrE 12 Timeline, or something else?

If you have done the Burn to Folder, you should have the VIDEO_TS Folder, with the necessary files inside it. If that IS the case, then you should be able to use a burning utility, such as ImgBurn to do the physical burn to a DVD-9 disc.

If you mean something else, please clarify that for us.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
              the_wine_snob Level 9

It appears that one of the PrPro MOD's has also Moved your post to this forum. As you have an active thread here already, I will Lock this thread, so that discussion can continue in the other one.

Good luck,

Hunt

[Thread Locked]

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
                A.T. Romano Level 7

SlugHammer

Given that you have a 5.9 GB file that you are burning to DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc (8.5 GB/240 minutes), using Premiere Elements 12 (Publish+Share/Disc/DVD disc, presumed on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. If any of that is incorrect please us know.

These discs have a labelled specification as well as a "in reality" space. For the DVD double layer single sided disc, that 8.5 GB is in reality 7.95 GB. (If you were dealing with DVD 4.7 GB/120 minutes, that 4.7 GB in reality would be 4.28 GB).

The important question becomes, when you have your DVD double layer single sided disc in the DVD burn tray and you are in the burn dialog Quality Area prior to the burn, what are the values shown for Space Required and Bitrate there in Quality Area (with a check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space)?

Once we have that information, everything else should fall into place.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt,

Please explain what is going on.

I just posted in this thread, not knowing that there was a duplicate.

You say that you locked this thread. Yet I was able to post in it at least twice now.

How come?

ATR

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 12
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

I wish that I could explain.

I Locked it, at my last post, and it appeared with the Locked banner, but that is now gone????

Will try again.

Glad that you found the other thread, and have done a Copy/Paste to that.

Curious,

Hunt