6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2013 8:05 AM by Steve Grisetti

How many computers can version 12 be installed on?

JanS49 Level 1

We have multiple computers 1 desktop and 2 laptops. I primarily use my main laptop, but my desktop is faster for video editing. I see this is user id based when installing the trial and know that the way adobe is handling programs has changed along with other companies.

• 1. Re: How many computers can version 12 be installed on?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

JanS49

You are allowed to use your purchased serial number for a given program on no more than 2 of your computers.

So, you can install your purchased Premiere Elements 12 serial number on no more than 2 of your computers and then only use one at a time.

The Adobe Licensing Agreement clearly makes this point.

Remember if you already have the purchased serial number on 2 of yours computers, then you will need to "Deactivate" one or the other so that you can use that purchased serial number of another of your computers.

In Premiere Elements 12, "deactivation" is achieved Help Menu/Sign Out.

Deactivation is not the same as uninstalling.

Please let us know if you need clarification on anything written.But, we are not Adobe - just Premiere Elements users here trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows.

ATR

• 2. Re: How many computers can version 12 be installed on?
            JanS49 Level 1

Ahh ok, that sounds like it will be a big help to us. Now I see you say if its on a 3rd computer it would have to be deactivated from one of the other computers. Is their a limit to the number of times this can be done? 

• 3. Re: How many computers can version 12 be installed on?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JanS49

There used to be a limit way back when, but I have not seen any limit on deactivation imposed in recent times.

If you ever run into Activation or Deactivation issues, please put the following link in safe keeping for then

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

After you open the link, click on "I still need help." to bring up the Adobe Chat. I pre-set the topic for Serial Number Issues and Activating My Product.

Please let us know if you need further clarification on anything written here.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How many computers can version 12 be installed on?
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

With version 12, you can install the program on as many computers as you'd like. However, you can only be LOGGED IN with your Adobe ID to two computers at any given time.

So activating and deactivating in version 12 is as simple as signing in and out of the program.

This is not, of course, permission to share the program with all of your friends. You're still supposed to use it only on computers owned by a single individual.

• 5. Re: How many computers can version 12 be installed on?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

Regarding specically the words "With version 12..."

I am not sure if you are referring to something special in version 12 that I have not encountered or something else.

Be it Premiere Elements 12 or versions of Premiere Elements earlier than 12, I could and can always install a given purchased  version on as many computers as I would like beyond "2". But, I could not use (have active) the purchased serial number for a given version on more than 2 of my computers.

And, as I wrote in post 1,

Deactivation is not the same as uninstalling.

True, in Premiere Elements 12 deactivation takes a twist in that Help Menu/Deactivate of earlier versions is replaced by Help Menu/Sign Out. But, in both cases, it translates into Deactivation of the program on a given computer.

Did you mean to imply anything different.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: How many computers can version 12 be installed on?
                    Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Nope. I just wanted to clarify that activation and deactivation is a simple as sign in/out.

This came in handy for me when I was creating the Up and Running with Premiere Elements 12 class for lynda.com. I was able to install and log in for a fully activated version of the program while I was recording the class out in California. Not only did my program temporarily fully activate, but I also had full access to any media I had on the Adobe Revel cloud as long as I was logged in!

It's a nice, easy system for moving work from computer to computer.