5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 1:42 PM by annewil1

Templates missing

OS X 10.9

Fireworks CS6 (12.0)

Installed with Creative Cloud

When I select "Fireworks > File > New from template" the dialog opens with no available templates.

Searching my entire files system reveals no Fireworks Templates.

• 1. Re: Templates missing

I have the exact same problem and need help as well.

• 2. Re: Templates missing
            LShwarts Level 1

Hi Sam,

I figured this problem out after some trial and error and thought I'd share my solution with you.

The files are somewhat buried, and I too could not find the files or folders using the spotlight feature, but they are there. Here's a screenshot of the file path on my Mac. Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 2.51.26 PM.png

Also, please be aware that I had to turn on the ability to see the Library folder. Right click in your home folder and then click Show View Options. There's a checkbox there at the bottom. Please see screenshot.Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 2.52.52 PM.png

I created a template and then selected File > Save as Template. That's when I saw that all of those folders and files were there. Once I saved a file to one of the folders and navigated to it manually, then Fireworks pulled it up when I tried to open from template. *shrug* Computers, man.

• 3. Re: Templates missing
              xamzmith Level 1

Thank you. I found them.

• 4. Re: Templates missing
                sfaithnickel Level 1

Hi, I don't know what you mean by Home folder.  I am using an iMac OS X with Creative Cloud Fireworks.  When I select 'New from Template', it does not take me to the Template folder and I have no idea where to go.  I cannot read the screenshot above and I don't know what the term 'Home folder' refers to.   Please help me, thanks.

• 5. Re: Templates missing

LShwarts your path led me directly to the template files. I was having the same problem. Thank you so much for posting this.