Yet Another Free Panel

Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

John Nack blogged this today

http://madebyvadim.com/layrs/

If your Extension Manager is working

• 1. Re: Yet Another Free Panel
          John_Picton Level 3

Thanks Trevor

I am fairly new to using extensions in PS. I didn't realise how easy it is!

Cheers

John

• 2. Re: Yet Another Free Panel
            JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Mostly Paul's script I miss his participation in the scripting forum here.   Paul Riggott

• 3. Re: Yet Another Free Panel
              John_Picton Level 3

Thanks JJMack

I notice that many of the scripts have similar functions as those in the extension that Trevor posted.

Is there a way to create an extension panel that provides quick access to the scripts that I want to use?

Sorry if this is a basic question - I have been a long time basic user of Photoshop but I am trying to increase my knowledge of some of the other aspects.

Cheers

John

• 4. Re: Yet Another Free Panel
                JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Panel are easy to create using Adobe Configurator. In the past you needed different builds for each version of Photoshop something I dislike a lot.  Even CC has a version. Its version 14 will it remain 14 forever who knows.  I feel Photoshop has more palettes then its needs. I also feel that Panels will also have a problem that to Actions, Scripts etc.. have. All Photoshop add-ons once you get a great number of them there is no easy way to organize and manage them which can make the harder to use for you can not nest them list like Photoshop script can not even be scrolled but a entry at a time. At least Actions Palette is scrollable. Action you can put them into sets and sets can be collapsed.   Photoshop menu item list like Scripts, Automate, can not scrolled but an entry at a time and groups you create can not be collapsed like actions sets they don't even get a group name only a separation bar. Compile plug-ins and filters can make collapsible groups.  With a lot of work you may be able to program something like pull-down menu list that are scrollable.   So keep size and organization in mind when you think about panels.

• 5. Re: Yet Another Free Panel
                  Trevor.Dennis Adobe Community Professional

I can't access my usual workspace from this laptop, but I keep all the most used panels open on the second monitor, and things like character and paragraph styles, clone sources, info, Actions, tool presets etc. collapsed to the little square icon, and dock them, together with my extension panels, in a single strip down the right of the main screen.  They take up almost no space, any flyout with a single click when you need them.  It works really well.

The Trevor Morris Dmonzon Tools are useful, but you have to get into the habit of using them, or you forget they are there.  I see he has a lot of good stuff on his site, all beautifully done as well.

http://dmonzon.com/

Other than that, I've really only used Russell Brown's Flypaper Textures panel regularly of late, but only in an experimental capacity.  That whole, gritty textured look is being done to death in Exhibitions and Salons nowdays, and I don't do that scene any more, because it all feels so false.