4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2013 10:36 AM by TLetch

Installing PS CS3

TLetch

I am i trying to install PS CS3 from CD for the first time; I get a msg that the serial num is an upgrade vers + qualified prod not installed. cd doesn't say upgrade on it and when I bought it from the Apple store I told them this was a new install. How do I get this installed?

• 1. Re: Installing PS CS3
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

The serial number is and upgrade serial number look on the Adobe Box the CD came in it should show it an upgrade take it back to Apple.

• 2. Re: Installing PS CS3
            TLetch Level 1

Thanks for the quick post. I am confused b/c the back of the CD box only shows:

SERIAL NUMBER: PHOTOSHOP

xxxx-xxxx etc

DVS/A,PHSP,10.0,MAC,GEN,WWE

xxxxxxxx

Does any of that identify it as an upgrade?  I suspect I will be out of luck as I bought this several years ago as a gift for someone and we are finally getting around to installing it now.  No proof that I bought it from Apple.

• 3. Re: Installing PS CS3
              MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can contact customer support, but it is unlikely anyone can do anything for you at this late date. CS 3 was 2007. It won't evey run on modern day computers. The price of CS 3 was quite hefty. It was a nice gift to give someone.