Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message, Licensed by another user

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I recently had to have my administrator password reset, due to me forgetting my password.

I keep getting this message coming up..

Error getting license

License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

I downloaded Adobe Digital Editions about 2010/2011, I never had to sign up to and Adobe back then and only had to now after opening up the program again.

Now ive created my Adobe account i get this message, how i "registered" before i dont know as i have 1 email address and i cannot find anything over the past few years associated with it.

Can you please tell me how i can access my books again, ive tried deauthorising my computer and re submitting my adobe credentials but it still wont accept it. Also tried downloading them again from the website i purchased them from.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is all complicated and you may be scuppered, especially if you ran without using an Adobe ID before.

This is a vicious trap that Adobe lays for unsuspecting customers.

They do give very mild warnings, but not nearly strong enough.

When you register 'without ID', ADE creates an anonymous/implicit ID with limited powers (eg can't be used to share with other devices).

Whenever you first load a DRM book, that copy of the book is associated with whatever ID the computer is registered to at the time.

Any book you load while this anonymous ID is active gets associated with that ID, and can't be read on any other device.

When you properly register your computer with a real ID, that old anonymous ID is lost.

Now you don't have any devices that can read the book.

If you did have an ID and registered with that, you should be able to read books if you can find out what the ID was and get access to it.

Here is something rather horrible and long that might help ...  Good luck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A book is associated with the AdobeID in use at the time the book was downloaded (.acsm token file turned into encrypted .epub/.pdf file).

An AdobeID has two forms, internal (something like 'urn:uuid:ff2ddc22-eca0-46c6-a84d-xxxxxxxxxxxx') and external (email address).

The authorization mechanism on the book is associated with the internal ID.

The internal ID for an account never changes; you can change the email address it is currently associated with on the Adobe website.

You can check the Adobe ID ADE is using in internal and external form in ADE2.0 using ctrl-shift-I (Help/Authorization Information).

For ADE1.7.2 you sadly only get the external ID, using Library/Authorize Computer (which acts as a query if already authorized).

You can check the AdobeID in external form in Bluefire.

In either case, if you have changed the external ID associated with the account since authorizing the device,

you may be told the old external ID, or may be told the up to date one.

You can check the AdobeID associated with a book in internal form with the rather roundabout method at the bottom of this post.

I don't know of any way of finding the current external ID given the internal ID of the book;

unless it is an ID you still use in which case the matching values from ADE2.0 will tell you.

~~~~~

OK.  To find the internal AdobeID.

open a sample DRM .epub file as a .zip file.

With some zip programs, you can just open the .epub as an archive (ev, with 7zip),

with others you will have to rename the .epub file to a .zip file first, then open it.

find the file 'rights.xml' within the zip.  Probably  'META-INF\rights.xml'

open the rights.xml file

inside you will find a section '<user>' that looks something like

<user>urn:uuid:ff2ddc22-eca0-46c6-a84d-xxxxxxxxxxxx</user>

That string is the internal version for your AdobeID.

That stays fixed for the AdobeID, even if you change the associated email (or password),

that internal ID is what is really associated with the book.

(n.b. there is no point in trying to change the urn to a current one you might find and recreating the .epub file; the DRM is cleverer than that).

You can now contact Adobe at Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html

It may be that if you can give them that internal ID they will be able to get you access to your account again.

If they say they can't, it might be worth trying two or three times at intervals;

it seems from what others have said that some of the representatives are very clued up, but others are not.

(I've never used the Live Chat).

If you do go through all that, let us know how you got on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines