6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2013 6:24 AM by A.T. Romano

How do I rotate one clip in timeline and not the rest

Bear5067

When I rotate one clip in the timeline 90 degrees it rotates all the clips 90 degrees.

• 1. Re: How do I rotate one clip in timeline and not the rest
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bear5067

Always good to give version of Premiere Elements and on what computer system it is running on.

So, I will generalize for now assuming that you have Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit and are in the Expert workspace.

1. Right click the Timeline clip that you want to rotate.

2. From the pop up menu, select Rotate 90 Right or Rotate 90 Left.

You can also do this my selecting the clip on the Timeline and going to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and the Rotation option there.

Have you been there and done that yet?

We will be watching for your results.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I rotate one clip in timeline and not the rest
            Bear5067 Level 1

I am using Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8. I tried that  but it rotates all of my clips 90 degrees.

• 3. Re: How do I rotate one clip in timeline and not the rest
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bear5067

If you are selecting just the clip that you want to rotate, then you should be rotating just that one not all the clips on the Timeline track.

But that does not seem to be happening.

Is it possible to post a screenshot of your Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace Timeline track situation showing the clip for rotation highlighted or being right clicked.

When you right click one clip, is there only one clip being selected in this process or do you see all the clips being highlighted?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: How do I rotate one clip in timeline and not the rest
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bear5067

If you were to do your Rotation for just clip 1 on VIdeo 1, does it look like this - lighter blue clip title as contrasted with the darker blue clip titles of the unselected clips?

Rotate1.JPG

Or, do you find that, when you do your Rotation, all the clips have the light blue colored title.

Rotate2.JPG

I will look for your reply in the morning.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: How do I rotate one clip in timeline and not the rest
                  Bear5067 Level 1

All clips are the same color.

Thanks

Bear5067

• 6. Re: How do I rotate one clip in timeline and not the rest
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bear5067

If all the clips have the same color title bar, you are selecting all the clips at one time or none of the clips is selected. You need to select only the one that you want to rotate otherwise you will get what you are getting, that is, all the clips rotated instead of just the one. Is your mouse working so that clicking on a clip with it selects the clip?

Based on how I interpreted what you wrote, we need to zero in on the clip selection. Please try again, and, if you have not already, expand the Timeline so that you can see its contents and clip distinctions. For expanding the Timeline content view, please refer to the -+ slider above the Timeline as shown in the right sector of the following screenshot

rotateagain.JPG

The -+ slider has an icon on either side of it, one is named Zoom Out (- ) and the other on the right Zoom In (+ ).

In the screenshot here, the two clips have the darker blue color indicating neither is selected at this point.

Please review, and then we can decide what is going on with the clip selection process in your workflow.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR