12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2014 6:51 PM by A.T. Romano

burned Dvd frezes

riogrande

please help me! I have a problem burning my project into a dvd disc on adobe premiere elements 12.. when i tried to watch it on a dvd player my burned dvd frezes and im unable to watch my movie the way i  want it. what can i do?

• 1. Re: burned Dvd frezes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

riogrande

On what computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 12. For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

1. Can we assume that this DVD player is a standalone or part of a TV DVD player set up? If so, what does the playback of this DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc look like when computer program is used?

2. What did you create DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen? Have you checked the settings for the player?

a. Do the player specifications support the DVD disc type that you are using as well as the video format on that DVD disc?

b. Have you done another burn to disc, have you tried another disc from the current batch, as well as a different brand/type DVD disc?

c. Do you have another DVD player of the kind that you are using now to verify the results that you are getting with the presently used DVD player?

3. Also, put your DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc in the burner tray. Go to Computer and explore the disc. Locate the VIDEO_TS Folder. In the VIDEO_TS Folder locate the VTS_01_1.VOB file. Try to play that back with your computer player. How does it play?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: burned Dvd frezes
            riogrande Level 1

thaks romano for taking your time to help me. Im doing my project on a toshiba labtop and I already  used two  different brands of dvd i have burned 5 different ones and i still get the same results. Im burning it on widescreen. I have played them on two different dvd players and on my computer and its still playing really bad it frezes and it seems like if the dvd disk were scratch.. I have a slim portable bluray multi drive & burner

• 3. Re: burned Dvd frezes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

riogrande

I am still thinking about this. But I would ask "What about the play back of the VTS_01_1.VOB (which is the video file for the DVD-VIDEO)? Does that file play back from the computer hard drive the same way as does the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Riogrande,

Which two brands of blank DVD media have you tried?

The reason that I ask is that one of the main causes of a DVD-Video hanging in a set-top DVD player is the brand of blank media.

That is why I always recommend Verbatim, Falcon Pro or Taiyo-Yuden blank media.

Memorex, TDK & Ritek (recent offerings), and any store brands, are not on my recommended list.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                  riogrande Level 1

i already used memorex and verbatim and non of them worked i'm eddinting a wedding a 4 hour project the wedding was taken with a proffecional sony camrecoder nx30 and i also have pictures of canon 70d. It seems that when burning there is not a problem but when i watch it in my dvd player or even in my desktop the movie frezes in a lot of parts at the end...I really dont know what im doing wrong:(

• 6. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

rigrande

What was your reply to my question

But I would ask "What about the play back of the VTS_01_1.VOB (which is the video file for the DVD-VIDEO)? Does that file play back from the computer hard drive the same way as does the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc?

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                      riogrande Level 1

I already burned my project to a folder but now I don't know how to burn from my folder to a dvd can you tell me how to do it please... all i see in my folder is open dvd and video TS and when i double click on them i get other stuff i really need to know how to burn it into a dvd to watch the movie and to check if the movie comes right.

• 8. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

riogrande

Download and install the free ImgBurn program.

Click on the choice of "Write files/folders to disc".

In the interface that opens, go to "File Menu/Browse for a source folder" and do just that. The folder that you want to find and select is ONLY the VIDEO_TS Folder from your Premiere Elements burn to folder. Do not bother with any OpenDVD Folder. And, do not bother with thoughts of an Audio_TS Folder.

Once you have the VIDEO_TS listed under Source and before you hit the Build button at the bottom of the interface (it is the one with the red mark), click on the Options Tab and make sure you have the settings

Data Type: MODE1/2048

File System: ISO9660 + UDF

UDF Revision: 1.02

Hit the Build button and follow the instructions. If you are asked about Volume name, indicate Yes to let the program take care of that. It is a strange but effective program.

a. If you have your computer speakers on, when the job is done, you will get what sounds like an off to the horse races burst.

b. The burner tray will spontaneously open and close at the end and then proceed to the very end.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 9. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

The free burning utility (for a PC), ImgBurn, can burn your VIDEO_TS folder to a DVD-Video. http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=Download Be aware that many of the "Download" buttons are not for ImgBurn, but are advertisements - make sure that you click on Download for ImgBurn, and not something else.

I woud definitely test this with one of the Verbatim blank discs.

Note: for the Mac, there is an ImgBurn alternative: http://www.aimersoft.com/how-to-burn/imgburn-for-mac.html I have no experience with it. [This is for any Mac-user, who finds this thread, and has a need for a burning utility, if they do not have Toast, or similar.]

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

riogrande

Did not we determine that your Premiere Elements is on Windows?

The following is an online article about ImgBurn and the VIDEO_TS Folder, including a download link for ImgBurn

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

As for many today, watch carefully for your choices during download and installation to avoid bloatware to your computer.

But, the details that I provided in post 8 should get your through the process that has always worked for me.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 11. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                              riogrande Level 1

I already did what you told me but they still come out bad..do you think  this is happening because they are  mts video? oh guess what?? i tried to see them on my toshiba and the first videos that i burned are looking fine so now i dont know whats happening..do you think it can be my dvd  player?? which dvd player do you recomend to play this type of dvds? because i also forgot to tell  that im burning my video on dual layer..

• 12. Re: burned Dvd frezes
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

riogrande

Thanks for the update.

I thought about the TV DVD player as the source of your issues, but, since you said that the problem existed for TV DVD player as well as computer player, I put that consideration aside. There is always the matter of the disc. The player needs to support the disc type used as well as the format of the content on the supported disc. Have you checked the user manuals for each of your players to review its specifications?

We were pleased to note that you did have some very good results when you viewed your DVD-VIDEO on DVD with this Toshiba (assumed TV DVD player). Are these the same DVD-VIDEO on DVD discs that were playing back poorly on your other players (TV and/or computer)?

There is no 100% guarantee that any one disc will play back well on any given players. But, probablity would indicate that your Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc should give you nearly all of the time the results that you just got when the Toshiba used as the  player. Let our go deeper into what you did or did not do there to give us direction. What player settings opportunities do you have?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR