4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 7, 2014 10:43 PM by john worthington

Updating CS6

JFBurket

I updated to Maverick and trying to update CS6 and get the error messag "unable to write to location users/johnburket2/library/applicationsupport/adobe.  Please add write permission and try again.  It does not look like tia file exists as I have run a search.  Please advise on how to get the update to work.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Updating CS6
          Level 7

Sounds like you didn't copy all the app files from another partition/machine, or your permissions are just broken.

That directory should exist, and should be writable by you. If that directory does not exist, you need to copy it from the old partition/machine, or reinstall the software.

• 2. Re: Updating CS6
            JFBurket Level 1

I had to reinstall PS once I migrated it over from my old computer (Three months ago) because the Apple migration software does not pick on non Apple software.  PS and NIK plug-ins all work fine, it is just the software update that is not working.  So you think I should uninstall and install again??  It is just a pain if not needed.  I ran a permissions scan and no Adobe products came up as having permission issues??  Thanks for your input.

• 3. Re: Updating CS6
              Level 7

The permissions problem would be on the application support folder, where you have a problem (bad permissions or missing) with one or more directories.  Without seeing your machine to know exactly where the problem is - I can't tell.

Fixing the perimissions, copying the folders from backup, or reinstalling is the way to get it fixed.

• 4. Re: Updating CS6
                john worthington Adobe Employee

Apple webpage for fixing home directory permissions problems on Mavericks.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5541793