7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2013 7:53 PM by A.T. Romano

Watermark still on new projects with paid version

dclaver

I had a trial version and removed the program and installed a paid version 12.

And now with any new projects I get the trial watermark?

I even deleted the files and folders in the directory for Premier Elements 12 and deleted the project files

• 1. Re: Watermark still on new projects with paid version
          A.T. Romano Level 7

dclaver

Is your Premiere Elements 12 on Windows or Mac? Regarding purchased version, did you install that from installation files or an installation disc? Where did the purchased serial number come from?

Please excuse but I need to ask just to make sure that I am not taking anything for granted.

Was there ever any indication that your purchased serial number was not being recognized? Where you asked to sign into the program with your Adobe ID and password? And, you did just that?

The only file involved are the rendered files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder. Typically they can be found and deleted in Windows Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.0/Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder... But, you can open a project, go to Timeline Menu, and hit Delete Rendered Files. That should do the job. In my case, the Adobe watermarked file spontaneously lost the watermark in the opened purchased product.

The Adobe watermark presents only in the tryout version of Premiere Elements, not in the purchased version.

Please review.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Watermark still on new projects with paid version
            dclaver Level 1

Its window vista 64bit and installed from a disc.

No problems with the serial numbber and I do have to enter a adobe id and password everytime I start the program

• 3. Re: Watermark still on new projects with paid version
              A.T. Romano Level 7

dclaver

What you might want to do is

1. In the Premiere Elements 12 Expert workspace, go to Help Menu/Sign In and Sign Out to deactivate the program. Close out of there.

2. Use the regular Control Panel means to uninstall Premiere Elements 12.

3. Run the computer through the free program ccleaner (use the regular and registry parts of the cleaner - gets rid of leftovers from prior incomplete install and/or uninstalls).

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

4. Reinstall Premiere Elements 12.

Note: You realize that Premiere Elements 12 on Windows Vista 64 bit is a 32 bit application running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of the 64 bit system and as such has the resource limitations of 32 bit system. This is just an aside for now.

Please let us know the outcome.

By the way, when you do to Premiere Elements Expert workspace Help Menu/ do you find your Signed In each time you see the Adobe watermark?

Looking forward to your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Watermark still on new projects with paid version
                dclaver Level 1

I did all of the above and now when I sign in it does not show me as signed in?

Then I sign in again and it still shows not signed in.

I can use the program but it still has the watermark

• 5. Re: Watermark still on new projects with paid version
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

dclaver

If you are not Signed In in Help Menu/Sign In Out, the program is not activated.

In view of that, I am not sure why the program is not popping up a message each time you launch the program, asking you Continue Tryout or Buy.

It is definitely time to contact Adobe on this matter as an Activation issue. Please click on the following link. After the link opens, click on "I still need help." to bring up the Adobe Chat.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=serial-number-issues-o r-activating-my-product

I have the link pre-set for "Serial Number Issues and Activating My Product".

Adobe Chat should be able to resolve this matter quickly or connect you to a group who can. We are not Adobe here. We are Premiere Elements users trying to help other Premiere Elements users with their Premiere Elements workflows.

We will be watching for further developements.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: Watermark still on new projects with paid version
                    dclaver Level 1

Thanks. I can see the program in adobe products when I sign in as registered but I still can't sign in.

I get in contact with adobe

• 7. Re: Watermark still on new projects with paid version
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

dclaver

Thanks.

What you might want to look at if you have not already - Go to Computer/Manage/Event Viewer/Windows Logs/Applications and see if you find any Error messages that relate to this Sign In event.

We will be watching for your progress with Adobe Chat.

ATR