6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 8:55 AM by A.T. Romano

Show Video from VideoWave to a TV by a Direct Connection?

Gorcla

Using Premiere Elements 12 can we show a video from VideoWave to a TV by a direct connection?   By a direct connection, I mean using the HDMI port on my computer connected to the TV.   That avoids using a DVD.   The resolution and picture sharpness would be better than creating a DVD.

I have Premiere Elements 9, and I don't see that capability.   Would Premiere Elements 12 have this capability?    Thiis would be like showing slides in PowerPoint which is connected to a projector.  If Premiere 12 has this capability, I would upgrade from 9 to 12.

• 1. Re: Show Video from VideoWave to a TV by a Direct Connection?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gorcia

Please explain further what you mean?

If you attach to HDMI cable between TV with HDMI port and laptop computer with HDMI port, you can visualize what is on the computer...like a dual monitor set up. And, Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 and 12 opened on the computer will display on the TV screen (dual monitor).

What are you envisioning - Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 or 12 as a video player rather than a video editor?

Do you have any interest in editing the video from VideoWave in Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit or other? If so, what would be the properties of this video from VideoWave so that we can determine its compatibility with Premiere Elements 12.

Have you looked at getting home movies, photos, and music into iTunes and accessing them on the HDMI computer via HDMI Apple TV? That is a whole other topic for the Apple community. With some higher end Apple devices I suspect that you would be able to view content from these devices on the TV screen.

ATR

• 2. Re: Show Video from VideoWave to a TV by a Direct Connection?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

One easy method to accomplish this would be to output your PrE Timeline to a file format, that one of your video players can handle, in the highest quality, say AVCHD w/ H.264 CODEC. Then, just use your video player (WMP, VLC, MediaPlayer Classic HC, or Apple's QuickTime Player) to play that output video, and feed your computer's display through HDMI to the Video Wave. That will give you the feed, though, of course, you will not be editing, while the file is being played.

If that is not what you require, then please ignore the above.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Show Video from VideoWave to a TV by a Direct Connection?
              Gorcla Level 1

Hunt:

Your suggestions sounds good.   However, I have some questions.   In Premiere Elements 9, I can output the project by clicking on Share.   Then I can select Web DVD.   That appears to give a higher definition output than selecting Computer.   I can get a HD NTSC file with a frame size of 1280x720.   I don't see an option for creating a AVCHD file or a H 264 CODEC.   Are those options available in Premiere Elements 12?   Or is the HD NTSC file the highest definitiion I can get?

Thanks,

Gorcla

• 4. Re: Show Video from VideoWave to a TV by a Direct Connection?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Gorcia

I am not sure why you are in Share/webDVD.

There is no choice for Share/Computer/AVCHD in Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

In Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1, there are choices under Share/Computer/MPEG with presets for H.264 1920 x 1080. Have you looked there and tried those export choices?

In Premiere Elements 10, there is Share/Computer/AVCHD.

In Premiere Elements 11 and 12, there is Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD

Lots of choices.

Please let us know if you need clarification on anything written.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Show Video from VideoWave to a TV by a Direct Connection?
                  Gorcla Level 1

ATR:

After reading your response, I investigated more options.   For Share/Computer, I had used the default NTSC DVD Standard selection which gave a much lower resolution setting.   I chose the H.264 1920x1080 option which gave much higher resolution choices.

Thanks,

Gorcla

• 6. Re: Show Video from VideoWave to a TV by a Direct Connection?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Gorcia

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like great progress.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything written.

ATR