6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 7:41 AM by John T Smith

Premiere 12 won't start

patdig

I dowloand trial version of Premiere 12. Instaltion went great. When I start to start program, it will not start. My computer meets system requirements for the program. My trial version of photoshop elements 12 runs good. I have bought the programs on DVD hopefully they will work when they arrive.

• 1. Re: Premiere 12 won't start
          A.T. Romano Level 7

patdig

Let us go through the basics

1. What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 12 on? Please describe your computer environment and highlight its resources.

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12?

3. Do you have the latest version of your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card? Do you have single video card for your computer or two?

5. Are you running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?

If the installation disc route results in Premiere Elements 12 with the same problems as the tryout, please make sure that you can get your money back on Premiere Elements 12 as rapidly as possible according to the policy of the authorized reseller from whom you are making this purchase.

At any time did you try to uninstall the Premiere Elements 12 tryout and then reinstall it from the downloaded installation files?

Also, did you do the installation with antivirus and firewalls turned off?

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere 12 won't start
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Patdig,

Unfortunately, your reply text did not post. This can happen, when one is trying to Reply via a POP client (e-mail), or via a mobile device. If you access the forum via a Web browser, the text should post.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Premiere 12 won't start
              A.T. Romano Level 7

patdig

Thanks for trying to reply.

Just starting my day. We will be watching for the message that did not appear in the forum when you posted it.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere 12 won't start
                patdig Level 1

Hope these answer your questions correctly.

Let us go through the basics

1. What computer operating system are you running Premiere Elements 12 on? Please describe your computer environment and highlight its resources.
                2. 1. ACPI x64-based PC, Windows 7 64, Service Pack 1,
                3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 12?
                4. 2. Yes
                5. Do you have the latest version of your video card driver up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the video card? Do you have single video card for your computer or two?
                6. 3.  ATI Radeon HD 5770 with lastest drivers. Singel card.
                7. Are you running the program as Run As Administrator or from a User Account with Administrative Privileges?
                8. 5. Elements Properties: Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 12 Organizer\Photoshop Elements 12.0.exe"

Location: C:\Users\Pat\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\StartMenu

Compatability: Box not checked for: Run this program in compatabilty mode for:

Privilege: Box not checked for: Run this program as an administrator.

If the installation disc route results in Premiere Elements 12 with the same problems as the tryout, please make sure that you can get your money back on Premiere Elements 12 as rapidly as possible according to the policy of the authorized reseller from whom you are making this purchase.

At any time did you try to uninstall the Premiere Elements 12 tryout and then reinstall it from the downloaded installation files?

1. Yes. I uninstalled after it would not start up, then did a re-install.

Also, did you do the installation with antivirus and firewalls turned off?

Turned ON.

We will be watching for your progress.

• 6. Re: Premiere 12 won't start
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

In Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool