1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 30, 2013 3:36 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 12...codec issue

Gtti
      1. I am using Windows 7 on my lenovo U310 with Premiere Elements 12 installed, to publish my premiere project in MP4 h264 1440x1080p 30f.  The published project has video but no audio output.
      2. Working on the same project with another computer with windows 7, also with Premiere Elements 12 installed, the published project has both video and audio output.
      3. When i opened the project from the 2nd computer using the U310, the message says " this type of file format not supported, or the required codec is not installed."

Questions:

a.)  in the U310, why no audio in the published work?

b.)  why the project file from the 2nd computer cannot be recognizd by the U310?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 12...codec issue
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

When an output file has Video, but no Audio, it is often due to the settings for Multiplexing, in the Publish+Share dialog. Multiplexing combines the Video and Audio Streams into one file. My first act would be to verify that Multiplexing in the Audio Tab in Advanced, is set to something but "None." This article goes into more detail: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3557964#3557964

If that is not the cause, in this case, it would be informative to know exactly which Audio CODEC was chosen for that output. That info gathering could be as easy as just running the file through G-Spot, or MediaInfo, to gather the Audio CODEC in the file.

Good luck,

Hunt